Turning your emotions on and off.

bsebring

It seems like every time I go to work my emotions shut off. I'm not sure if this is a symptom of SA/depression or if it's just something I've been "taught" to do. I walk in like a robot and agree with whatever my hillbilly manager complains to me about, even if I don't agree. Everyone has nothing positive to talk about and I can't take their negative attitudes bringing me down anymore. I just end up zoning out which is fine until I get off and I can't seem to "turn" them back on again. It's becoming a problem but I don't know how else to cope. I feel like it's making me a bitter person and I never use to be that way. When I have a day off I'm pretty optimistic about life but the sec. I go to work my mood instantly changes. Is anyone else going through this? I've been trying to work out after I get off and it seems to be helping alittle but does anyone else have any advice on how to cope?

Klaus

It seems like every time I go to work my emotions shut off. I'm not sure if this is a symptom of SA/depression or if it's just something I've been "taught" to do. I walk in like a robot and agree with whatever my hillbilly manager complains to me about, even if I don't agree. Everyone has nothing positive to talk about and I can't take their negative attitudes bringing me down anymore. I just end up zoning out which is fine until I get off and I can't seem to "turn" them back on again. It's becoming a problem but I don't know how else to cope. I feel like it's making me a bitter person and I never use to be that way. When I have a day off I'm pretty optimistic about life but the sec. I go to work my mood instantly changes. Is anyone else going through this? I've been trying to work out after I get off and it seems to be helping alittle but does anyone else have any advice on how to cope?

Yeah, I can relate. But when I arrive home the ice breaks and bad emotions erupt. I think the way you are at work is not bad, you are ready for this new millenium. God is dead, just like kindness and everything good we know about human beings. The ones that can't understand this new world are here at this site and taking drugs/antidepressants.

I think you are at the right path. Just turn your emotions on and off and keep moving.
Cheers,