Tryptophan

JosephG

Has anybody tried adding this amino acid supplement to their diet?

It is a precursor to serotonin and has been shown to alleviate depression and other mental ailments.

I am currently looking in to natural ways in which to improve my moods etc. I am still on the waiting list for a clinical psychologist and tbh I wish I could see one sooner as I can't stand by low moods in which I can't hold a conversation with anyone. I'm getting a little desperate in wanting to alleviate my symptoms ;/

EscapeArtist

I take 5-htp sometimes when my mood seems abnormally low, so on and off. 5htp is converted to trytophan in the body I belieeve so it's kind of similar. It does seem to help, I wouldn't say it makes me as happy as happy could be but it makes me less miserable in certain times. At first I started with way too much so good to remember that there is also such thing as too much, so be careful, it can have the same side effects of using antidepressants too much too fast (lower mood, for example) start small. I have read many good reviews about 5htp. It also helps for reducing appetite

Gosh okay, that was my last post. Grrr spworld quitting is difficult already