Trust

MNM322

So if you TRUST someone... what exactly does that mean? I mean.... do you just tell random joes or people you hardly know personal things about your life, your work, your family etc? or is that only for people you trust? I am a bit confused on something so just getting some feedback. Thanks

dottie

there are different levels of trust. with life experience (either learning from observation or getting burned), you will have a better understanding of where to put up boundaries, who to tell how much of what information.

don't mistake friendly people for friends.

Helmaninquiel

Trust can be hard, and honestly I wouldn't trust everyone you meet cause a lot of people just don't know the meaning but doesn't mean you close yourself off to everyone, hopefully you're a good judge of character, because that can come in real handy. Just if it doesn't feel right then trust your gut instinct.

21NZ

Trust is different for everyone.... i would only trust someone i know very well, and know how they react to things etc.. and only if i know that they are trust worthy. haha sorry this was the most useless uninformative post ever...

MNM322

I should of re-phrased it. When you trust someone, what kind of things do you tell them that you do not with people you don't trust?

LazyHermitCrab

Trust for me= someone who doesn't talk bad about me, would never cause harm to another one of my relationships, makes me feel happy and doesn't give me the feeling that i can't trust that person (this comes with time), i can say anything and that person won't hate me for it, i feel like that person will be there for me in life forever... :)

Chess

I should of re-phrased it. When you trust someone, what kind of things do you tell them that you do not with people you don't trust?

Things you don't want other people to hear because in the wrong hands it could be embarrassing or open you up to being hurt. Sometimes it's good to let it out and talk to someone about more personal experiences, but the ones we trust are the ones we feel will protect our secrets and be kind to us if they know our weaknesses and insecurities.

I honestly don't know, because even people you think of as your closest friends could betray you. I guess trust could be taking that chance in spite of knowing that... or something.

...yeah, I have no clue what I'm talking about.

laure15

This is a tough question. I can share some of my deepest, darkest thoughts online (anonymously, of course) but refuse to reveal them to my family or friends. Sometimes I trust my friends with certain things but not my family. Trust is very subjective and varies from person to person.

xDreamseller

I only trust my parents and gran. They've always been there to help me and have been more supportive than any other parents I've known. I would trust my parents with my life, no question.

eh...it's a good question.

Trust carries weight

Anyone can say 'I love you' but I think its special when somebody says 'I trust you'

truffleshuffle

So true, and when being told by someone that they trust you, it only makes you more trustworthy to them because you don't want to lose that rust or feeling it gives you when told.
It dose feel good when people trust you and you can talk more open to them than most. Specialy if its about something you don;t talk to other people about and need to vent to someone.

Last edited:

UnderdBridge

Trust doesn't come easily with anyone with an attachment disorder. Inevitably if someone has made the effort to get past the barriers of no calls returned, no texts returned and the effort is genuine then i would imagine that that person is one step closer to being let in. It's all a series of walls and obstacles. Once you think you're over one obstacle, another one pops up. Not sure if the person who has the attachment diorder does it on purpose, i believe it's out of their control, but also migthbe used it as a crutch. It's a long process!

hardy

The Buddha said, "Do not keep company with evil friends or those who are mean. Associate with the good and bold friends. The Buddha has advised us to lead a lonely life in case we cannot find a decent friend. But never keep the company of a fool.

Next, the Buddha tells the four types of friends who could be reckoned as warmhearted and dear. He who is a helpmate, does not change in happiness or sorrow, gives good counsel and sympathizes. A wise person having understood these four kinds of friends, should cherish them and associate with them as a mother tends her only son.

Article on friendship: Article on Friendship - Buddhist Concept of Friendship

Duzmiu

trust is very important to me, i dont trust alot of people and its hard to get my trust but when you do il pretty much support/look after you in any given situation no matter how bad it could get. but i still probally wouldnt share my feeling with you unless we are really close, i prefer not to talk about my feelings but if i have to ild rather not do it face to face, that makes me really uncomfortable