Too much at once! Argh!!

Meow

So tomorrow my hubby and I are driving about 6 hours to see his family because it's his neices 4th Birthday and there's a big party, great a bunch of people I haven't met :? Also I always get the "I love your accent, where are you from? Crap and I can't stand that. I guess i'm meeting his sister properly and her girlfriend, and all her friends, and my mans Mum's fiancee arghhh! and she wants us to sleep in their house. But i'd much prefer to sleep in a hotel because my pills are giving me bad side effects like nausea, dizzyness, confusion etc and I don't want to be sleeping in someone elses house feeling like crap, there's nowhere to hide! So Sunday we drive back the 6 hours. I get motion sickness too... ergh.
Monday I have an appointment with my medications doctor, and my husband booked an appointment with a NEW therapist after that! I quit going to my other one because I wasn't getting anything out of it, hell she forgot my name, my age, things i'd told her... it was a waste of time and money.
Ok this is too much for my little brain to handle!!! I mean I want to go to the party but hell, so many people and arghhhh.
Can't wait till Tuesday and everything will be over :evil: :evil: :evil:
I want to hide under the bed covers :cry:

GIOLANDA

I understand you completely,but sometimes we can't avoid those silly social things. I'd like the 6-hour trip,but the idea of finding many ppl it's annoying! But what else to do? So,deep breath and off we go! Finish that duty and you'll be OK after that.

Mary

Hi meow, I know what you are going through and I feel bad for you. I know visiting the inlaws can be a real stressful thing! I know I avoid it as much as possible and do hide sometimes when they come over! :oops:
Does your hubby know about your Sp? It might help a little if he does to talk to him about ways he might be able to help you during the trip? Like maybe back you up about some things that you know you might not be able to handle and his parents may want to pressure you into doing. I allways have a list of things I tell my hubby to help me with when we take these trips to see his family. Now its gotten a little better for us but in the beginning it was a big mess. But it helps to have someone there who knows you and can help you. And a back up plan if things go wrong. Like if you need to get out of there for awhile tell him you will put your hair behind your ear and thats the sign you have had enough and then you guys go out for a little while alone or something..it sounds silly I know but it might help so you don't feel so trapped? I hope it works out and who knows maybe you will even like it and make friends w/them? :wink:

Meow

Thanks for the helpful reply Mary!!! My hubby is well aware of my Sp, mild agoraphobia and panic disorder, I also have depression but I think thats due to my other illnesses... he also informed his mother about some of my problems on the phone so I don't understand why she's pushing so hard for us to stay at her house. I don't want to have to walk thru someone elses house to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, or use someone elses shower!
She's been up here to stay with us a few times and it went quite well, she's a very nice lady and she says she loves me. She's very supportive of us, but I mean there's going to be a lot of people there... lots of strangers. She's never questioned me on why i'm not working but i'm afraid other people will. I don't know what my answer will be. Maybe I will say i'm sick and don't want to get into details.
The thing about putting my hair behind my ears is a good idea! normally I give a hand squeeze or something but he's a little bit slow and doesn't realize untill i've squeezed his hand about 500 times haha. He did say that if we need to leave the party for a while we can. It's just so worrying, I need to eat right or i'm going to get dizzy and nauseous and argh, I don't really do well around kids because they're so brutally honest and always seem to make a spectical out of you haha. But i'll probably jump in the jump castle with them when I get there knowing me.
I'm sure I will like part of it, any of his family i've met i've liked so... so far so good, but you know the paranoia kicks in etc and my meds make me sleepy, but i'll give it my best shot.
Thanks again :D :D :D

By the way, here's the hubby and our neice at an animal sanctuary, when they came to visit a few weeks back
terramark.jpg

blubs

wow Mary...your husband sounds brilliant :p
My boyfriend has a lot of qualities...but he can never pick up on when I am struggling when we see other people...& I doubt he'd notice something as subtle as playing with my hair. Its good when you're with someone who can help you cope.

Visiting family can be tough. I change my mind a lot in how to deal with it. Sometimes I think...it's my life...if I don't want to do something I shouldn't have to to please other people...& sometimes that helps. But sometimes I think...just accept all invitations & be happy to...& then I won't feel guilty....& it makes it easier the next time.
The thing about not working is always hard for me too...I dread people asking. Just remember you don't owe anyone an explanation of your circumstances.
xx