Today i've been humiliated in public

Anomaly

Reminiscent of the bystander effect, I think. It's pretty pathetic. Though I think that people who are willing to step up in defense of others are usually familiar with that type of pain.

Elad

Banned
Woah... thats just .. I'm kind of speechless that people would do something so pathetic to a stranger and its 5 or 6 guys attacking a girl. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm sorry you had to go through that, not sure I could have composed myself so well.. and you don't need to apologize for venting, tis what the forum is for!

I think you need to realize that these people are just scum.. plain and simple.. and it could have happened to anyone on that bus, these people are so pathetic they don't deserve a second thought.

Miami

thats horrible. sorry to hear that happened. those bastards deserve to get their asses kicked

EgoZero

Aww I feel your pain, such a horrible experience to go through for anyone, but even worse for someone with SA :( Why didn't you go to sit in front, maybe near driver, when they came?
Anyways they were real assholes and just the type of people I ****ing hate. I feel really bad that this happened to you.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
These kind of things make me angry :c I can't believe no one did anything to stop them... that makes me even more angry.

Lorraine Manca

Oh my god thats awful. i am so sorry. those people deserve to go to hell. that had nothing to do with who you are, that was totally them. can you carry mace or pepper spray? if they have that in sweden, you ought to carry it, and if any one touches you, spray the hell out of them. you can always say it went off by accident.
you did good by speaking up. nobody would have been able to handle that situation. i would have cried if i were in that situation. i hope you feel better as time goes on.

I live in Sweden (I am not Swedish) and one thing I can tell you guys about this place is
that people here do not care...
I am sorry unintended you had to go through that.
I have been in similar sorts of situations and it sounds like classic
bullying if you ask me.

oel

I'm so sorry to hear that, I wish I could give you a big hug. Don't you think you deserve that treatment, cus you don't. You just had the incerdible bad luck of bumping into some top class assholes. If I was on that bus I would have been punching and kicking all of them by myself. Don't let this get you down, it was a ****ed up situation, it was a freak accident, but you are strong and you can get past it, *hug*.

Square_Eyes

That's terrible. After reading that, my own anxieties with regards to using public transport seem kind of insignificant. To date, my biggest fear about using the bus has been that someone will try to make polite conversation with me so I couldn't even begin to imagine how I'd cope if confronted by a group of idiots hell-bent on crushing my self-esteem.

You clearly didn't deserve to be treated like that and you certainly shouldn't let the situation give you any false ideas about your sense of self-worth. The whole situation says a lot more about those group of idiots than it does about yourself.

If it had happened to me, I'm pretty sure that I would have remained completely silent throughout the entire ordeal so the fact that you told them to stop evidences more courage than I could ever to hope to possess.

Last edited:

scarletlee

I was so angry reading this, what a horrible thing for you to go through. I don't know how people can live with themselves or have any self respect when they treat people this way. I can’t believe somebody on the bus didn’t help you out either. I’m sorry you had to experience this. ((Hugs))

Helyna

You were not 'humiliated'.
I bet everyone else on the bus was thinking, thank god that's not me, I would look like such an idiot... (I mean, they aren't thinking she looks like an idiot.)
You were bullied, but you don't have to be embarrassed about it. Everyone else on the bus should be truly embarrassed.

Noca

Banned
There is no respect around here. I wish people carried guns just so that someone would think twice before pissing off a stranger who might just pull out a gun to the bullies head and pull the trigger. I am going to get 2 switch blades and have them in either pocket.

As for being bullied, ive been all my life. Recently I parked in a handicap spot (i have a handicap parking pass and a bone disease warranting it) and this stranger out of nowhere started yelling at me from his truck. I told him to **** off and he got out of his car and was in my face threatening me. I wish i had knives or a 9mm then, that woulda shut him up real fast. Instead my gf stopped him from beating me up (he was twice my size) and he left.

thor01

Yeah. That's very mean. I hate them too. People like that are no good. It was like that sometimes on the school bus, (which I didn't like getting, and just started walking to and from school after the first 2 years) and lots of people doing stuff like that in school. I'm pretty sure the first few years of secondary school made me more paranoid haha. It does make you feel worthless. But remember you're worth more than them.

Last edited:

shore_of_glass

miserable lowlifes....

I don't what I'd do in a situation like that nowadays. In the early years of highschool I was "used" to being bullied by those kind of jerks and couldn't take action so, normaly just stood there trembling in anger.

You faced those dimwits and stood up for urself, so don't go thinking wrongly about who you are and what you're worth.

but omg how didn't ANYONE say something? just makes me so pissed off!

da_illest101

I never understood how can ppl go this low, I swear if i ever see this type of behavior in front of me, i'm gonna beat the crap out of those ppl. I hate ppl who think they can do whatever they want. I rather get my ass kick then just let them have their ways

gsmax5

nobody cared. they just sat there and pretended it didn't happen.

If I was there, I would have wanted to do something, but not have been able to find the courage to do so. ::(: Also, I wouldn't have known what to do or what to say. Whenever I try to stand up for people, I usually just make the situation worse, and get myself humiliated.

Anyway, I'm really sorry for what happened to you. I know what it's like to be harassed by jerks.