this may help people

Anonymous

yes, social phobia and that is crap, but what can you do about it.

First off, ever worn sunglasses and felt more confident? This is because you believe other people cant see you in full, bla bla. So whenever possible, wear sunglasses, chat to people, and when you become confident, take them off, , this has worked heaps.

some people dont like talking to people because they hate themselves, think they look fat or ugly, but have you ever thought, THERE ARE UGLIER PEOPLE IN THE WORLD THEN ME AND PEOPLE STILL LIKE TO TALK TO THEM face it, if a not good looking girl talks to you about something, you dont really rfocus on how ugly she is or whatever

posture is important, if you actual straighten your shoulders and sit up straight, i guarentee you will start to feel more confident

get in the right mindframe- THINK TO YOURSELF

FORK THIS-IM SCARED OF NOTHING, IM MAKING MYSELF SCARED AND I CAN DO WHAT I WANT IM THE BOSS OF MY BODY I AM UNIQUE ILL DO WHAT I WANT I AM A WARRIOR

HELL, THERE ARE FEW CHICKS WHO ARE PERFECT, EVERYONES SHIT SMELLS EVERYONE GETS PIMPLES, WHO CARES

whatever you do, dont sit at the computer talking about it on the net, sometimes its ok but if your on here for 4 hours a day then there is soemthing wrong. you need to get out, even if you go to the shop, go, hi, to the person and buy ur stuff, at least you have tlaked to someone.

If your on stage or making a speech, dont slump, or fidget, stand with your shoulders square, and your legs still, dont go to the back of the stage stay there.
everyone gets shaky when they make a speech, and alot of people go red, just ride with it, and you will find that it actually goes away.
NOTE; ITS HUMAN NATURE TO STAY AND FIGHT ONCE THEY GET ENGAGED IN SOMETHING WHICH MEANS THE SCARIEST PART OF A SPEECH IS BEFORE HAND I Garetee, that as the speech goes along you will get more confident.

REMEMBER WHEN MAKING A SPEECh, people dont wnat you to fail, they arent making fun of you, because everyone no matter how confident have had a bad time on stage, and they dont want you to go through that, so they secretly want you to suceed,

People forget stuff, if you fail, who cares, you cant fix it, you just have to do better next time, most people forget about it, as they are stupid

LOok in the mirror, and say

Its all in my head

I am good, i am unique, i am a warrior

I dont care what anyone else thinks, they can get fkced

I am a leader, I am my own boss, i tell myself what to do

pretend your brain has a little man, you, and you are controlling your body with joysticks, who cares

imagine if you swapped bodies with a confident person, you would be confident in their body but not in yours. Thats because it doesnt matter if you fail, its not your body, so who cares if u fail in ur own body, it doesnt matter the sun still rises.

If you embarass yuorsefl in front of someone, they may think , hey, he got embarrassed, HOWEVER IT TAKES ONE SUCESS TO CHANGE THEIR IDEA OF YOU< IF YOUR CONFIUDENT TO THEM ONCE< THEIR OUTLOOK ON YOU HAS CHANGED

when you walk past someone, look at them, dont be a pussy, stand your ground, if you are scared of someone, go

got the time?
and they will answer you with the time, this puts you in control, you are calling the shots. you are in power

walk like you dont care, like your smooth as shark shit, nothing can touch you, face it, Everyone has to have some good points, good looking, funny, smart, good hearted, a good mate, good to be around, a leader

you just have to see it and face it

this has been written by a 15 yr old, try it it works, add more of your own theories here

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 16. This was helpful except for the part where you said there was something wrong with you if you spent lots of hours at the computer. It kinda hurt. I think before we can reach out to others we have to learn to accept ourselves. Being put down isn't helping! But still, some good advice, thanks for bothering to write it all down.

terresap

You have made some good points guest1122, I like the part about standing in front of the mirror and saying things to yourself.

You seem to be coming across as very agressive, im not sure if thats what you are trying to do or not, but I have to agree with peanut butter about the time spent on the computer... so what if we spend time on this forum reading and making posts? We get valuable information from here and use it in our everyday lives to help ourselves. Different things work for different people, we are all different and not all things that work for you will work for others. Im not trying to sound agressive or make an argument, im just trying to make sure people who read your post arnt going to think there is something wrong with them cause they spend time on this forum.

escalade

I think what he meant was. If your trying to overcome a phobia, you should spend as much time as possible going out talking to people, in the end thats whats going to help you guys. Not looking at what other people have to say about their own phobia.