Therapy Session #1

Krista

Was an anxiety inducing, fear filled drive all the way there. I almost talked myself out of going but knew I couldn't do that so I pushed down my fear and feelings of nausea and went in. And it wasn't bad. It was great actually. I did sit like a bump on a log for the first ten minutes because I'm so painfully shy but she managed to get out of me the reasons why I had wanted to talk to someone in the first place. My only problem is that I initially came in to talk about my SA and what I could do to help it without medication(because pills are gross) and every problem that I had to bring up was just rooted to another problem that we'll eventually have to talk about. This session was easy but I have a feeling that it's not going to stay that way. Admitting to her that not only do I feel like my SA has gotten out of control a bit but that I might be depressed was embarrasing. Saying it to another person makes me feel much more weak then just telling myself.

Ok, just wanted to get that out there..

By the by, is anyone else in counseling and if so was it hard for you to start out too? Has it gotten better or do you feel like it's helped you at all?

Last edited:

206Raider

I went for like 10 sessions then stopped, it's good your going though. Just keep being honest and they pull answers from you. I should probably go again just becuase but she gave me things to do during the week and I started saying I was doing all of them all the time when I wasn't and saying I was feeling better when I wasn't becuase I thought I was supposed to and when I said I didn't, she was like "Why weren't you? If you want to get better your going to have to force yourself to do it"...made me feel worse

From my experience it won't be so daunting after a few visits, especially if the therapist is the right one for you and you both build up a rapport with each other. If they are good at their job it won't take long before you are comfortable sharing with them:)

pljunkie

I've been getting therapy on and off for a few years. I don't really know if it's helped my problems since I've never stayed with one therapist for very long until recently. But it's good to be able to talk to someone about everything and not be judged.