The theme of my life

jaim38

This was the theme of my life until I came to a realization years ago that it takes more than hard work to succeed in life. Confidence, planning, street smarts, social skills, and a bit of luck are some of the things that are required.

S_Spartan

This was the theme of my life until I came to a realization years ago that it takes more than hard work to succeed in life. Confidence, planning, street smarts, social skills, and a bit of luck are some of the things that are required.

All of that is work except for the luck and luck is the most important one!

mikebird

Banned
I suffer the same.

Effort is high, but it's the cornerstones of society and hierarchy / authority when people prevent me form doing what I want, can, and need, irrespective of their groundless, subjective judgement.

Confidence is key but I do have plenty of it alongside my own pride. My audacious, assertive nature just doesn't seem to fit others.

Maybe I was spoilt in childhood, and took control of my parents, because I thought of them as stupid. That won't work in the world today. I need to bow down.

Maybe being responsible for my (our) children would flip my life upside-down and make it right