The Public Bus!!!

olaf687

I really hate going on the bus especially the seats on the side. Where you have to be looking right at the person across from you. It just freaks me out. I don't know where to look so I don't stare at them. I always hoping before I get on a bus there will be a seat that's behind someone so you dont have to look at them. Anyone else hate the bus?

Exposure

Yeah i hate that , it freaks me out , i have issues with eye-contact so its not fun , most of the buses i get have normal seating so its ok i guess .

dooby-duck

I don't use busses any more but when I did I hated it. In fact I would regularly walk miles instead.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I've never been into a bus alone. I'm not capable of taking a bus alone. I'm not exacly sure why the heck, but I've always feared it.

Predacon

I don't like it too much when its packed and there's nowhere to sit, but when there's only a couple on board I don't have a problem with it.

SnowLily

I recently walked 4 miles while it was snowing so I wouldn't have to ride the bus, so yeah, I hate it. Definitely more so when it's full of people and you have to sit right next to someone...

Noca

Banned
The buses to me are barges of disease on wheels. I would NEVER ride them. You have to stand out in the cold waiting for the stupid bus to come, when you get on you are overcharged, then you sit in the disease barge that takes forever to get where its going. If you have to go diagonally geographically, then you have to switch buses and again wait outside in the damn cold. NO THANK YOU!

spect01

I don't mind riding the bus but when it's crowded like sardines and everybody's faces are squashed together, yea, it looks weird.

I'll be in a situation shortly where I'll have to use public transportation regularly. I'm dreading it, as I have experience with it and could never stand it. Those seats where you're facing someone are the worst. Not to mention, I find waiting at the bus stop nerve-racking because I believe I'm being made fun of by people driving by. I dream about the days where I'll have a car and a license.

lyricalliaisons

To get through it, I try to daydream the whole time I'm on the bus. Either that, or I listen to music or read. I used to be too self-conscious of doing either of those last two things, but I realized no one was paying attention to what I was reading or listening to. But I still get anxious doing that at times, which is why I usually just stare out the window (or toward the window) & daydream. I just try to block everything out & pretend I'm not there. But the side seats you were referring to always scared me, too because I felt like I was on display. Luckily, only a few of the buses have those & I've rarely had to sit in them.

I have it just like this. I perfectly well know that people are not
necessarily staring and judging me so why this irrational fear?
People might have a quick look but why does my brain make such a big deal out of it.

For me it's worse as I can start blushing, a physical sign to what is already going in inside
my mind. When I turn blood red in my face then the other people will have something to
look it :)

I really hate it.
The seats when people infront face forward are my equivalent of torture.

olaf687

I have it just like this. I perfectly well know that people are not
necessarily staring and judging me so why this irrational fear?
People might have a quick look but why does my brain make such a big deal out of it.

For me it's worse as I can start blushing, a physical sign to what is already going in inside
my mind. When I turn blood red in my face then the other people will have something to
look it :)

I really hate it.
The seats when people infront face forward are my equivalent of torture.

God me too the worst tho is when I was waiting at the bus and this really good looking girl started talking to me and she looked interested me. So it was going good talking to her and then the bus comes. When I got into the bus the girl I met sat in those dreaded side seats. But I forced myself to sit next to here because I didn't want to look like I wasn't interested. So anyway I started freaking out where to look because of the person across from me. And so my minds racing and then I thought she was asking me something so I turned my head but it wasn't her it was someday else. Stupidly I did that like 2 times she probably thought I was a complete weirdo after that. It just angers me so much because I always start out good with girls but then I always **** it up when im in a certain situation. I wish I could of just told her why I felt that way but they never understand so I don't bother.

God me too the worst tho is when I was waiting at the bus and this really good looking girl started talking to me and she looked ...
Yeah, I was going to mention something about a pretty girl to as similar things
have happened to me also but decided not to and then you go writing about it :D Ironic.

cws971

' Thats the worse feeling if you have SA, going on a bus with alot of ppl or sitting on the seats across from ppl.... I always wear my shades during the day time, but even still I feel like ppl are judging me... some days its alot worse than other days, but if i can sit nxt to the window im fine, ' if you focus on ur breathing, inhail 4 seconds, exhail 4 seconds you control ur anxiety alot better, also change thoes negative thoughts with positive thoughts, instead of thinking to ur self, omg these ppl are looking at me, they can tell im nervous, ' say to ur self ' okay its not that bad, im gonna be on this bus for 10mins and this person could be looking at the shirt im wearing. ' If you can take you mind off the negative thoughts it helps alot. good luck!

exquisite

i hate the bus too, but i have no other option, since my university is 30min away & i dont have a car. but one thing i hate is when people sit next to me..yet, at the same time, i freak out when the bus is practically full & no one sits next to me, since i feel like people are judging me, that no one sat by me for a reason, i feel like people are laughing at me..ahh im just complicated..

i hate the bus too, but i have no other option, since my university is 30min away & i dont have a car. but one thing i hate is when people sit next to me..yet, at the same time, i freak out when the bus is practically full & no one sits next to me, since i feel like people are judging me, that no one sat by me for a reason, i feel like people are laughing at me..ahh im just complicated..

In some countries and cultures if you are the only one on the bus and one more
person gets on they will sit right next to you. It's a social thing. Where I live (Sweden) that person would probably sit somewhere else not next to me :D
Cultural influences are interesting.