The next chapter of becoming a better person

dannyboy65

When my last relationship ended I told myself I will be a much better person. The biggest and hardest step was to stop being selfish. I also decided to go lengths to help people instead of ignoring and only worrying about myself. I still worry about myself but I also care for others now. I've been working more and more on my confidence and social skills, to an extent where no one even knows I have autism till I tell them. I still battle a lot of mental illness but I know I will beat it if I keep this rate up.

Well tomorrow my new chapter begins. I am trying to volunteer at 3 places. I am wanting to volunteer at a senior home, an intellectually disabled group home, and a one on one sessions with an adult with autism. Tomorrow I am hopefully starting the senior home. I then have to try and get into the group home. The biggest achievement I want to succeed in is working with the individual with autism.

Personally I am a friend to this individual as he goes to the same autism foundation as I do. But he doesn't have many friends cause of how heavy his autism is, and not many of the other clients know how to communicate with him. So I always treat him like I would any other person and his worker noticed and asked if I wanted to do one on one sessions with him. I'm really excited because it builds our friendship up even more. She told me she wants him to have a friend that is not a worker and who is mature so he can learn more of the social world. I am very happy too be that person for him.

Well I am just blabbing now, what about you guys? Do you guys have a personal goal you are building up too?

F0AM

That's great Danny, i'm very happy for you! ^^

As for me, yes, i have some personal goals like controlling my anxiety and outside fear, getting fit and learning japanese.

Oh and as long as you're talking about something that concerns you, is not babbling :)

Hoppy

Good.

Mixing with people is a good way to remember you are part of the human race. Just remember to look after yourself, don't let all these new activities consume you.

dannyboy65

That's great Danny, i'm very happy for you! ^^

As for me, yes, i have some personal goals like controlling my anxiety and outside fear, getting fit and learning japanese.

Oh and as long as you're talking about something that concerns you, is not babbling :)

Those are good goals. I am still learning on controlling anxiety and such and getting a lot better at it.

anomicdeer

I'm starting a new chapter of my life too after getting out of an emotional abusive relationship.

I like that you want to volunteer with an autistic adult. I have a son diagnosed with Autism. I wish I could just go out and do things. I can but one place I volunteered at is outside and my fingers would swell/numb badly so I haven't gone.

I don't have much money for day care so I only send my son there when his bus picks him up and drops him off and he isn't in school full time so I don't have much time away from him.

I'm just looking for some place willing to hire me...