The invisible language known to all except you

BombCat

There is this language that everyone around me seemed to have mastered very well. The language though invisible, is well understood and spoken by all, except probably myself.

symbiosis

Hi Bombcat....do you mean social chit chat?? That is hard, like there are unspoken rules for social interactions......even worse, when you don't play by those rules, people soon lose interest in talking to you....
:(

I've found one useful strategy in these situations, is to be interested in the other person (this only works if you actually ARE interested in them!) This hopefully takes the focus off self and how you are 'performing'....

Cheers, Symbiosis

solo1

Heya Bombcat :)

Do you mean the language here at SPW, or in general? If you are talking about in general, I think you are saying that you feel very isolated, different, & unaware. I can relate.

Woooo. The 'philosphy factor' messes me up! Although if that's what you are doing you seem really good at it, it's too difficult, deeeeeep for my breadcrumbs of a brain to phantom sometimes. :oops:

Anonymous

English is my 2nd language. And I'm always learning new things like today I learned what "scaredy-cat" means.
One day I saw the phrase: "I'll give him a piece of my mind" I was so confused. :oops:
Yeah English is hard. So for me, the language you're talking about is English.

BombCat

Ok, i guess after some thoughts, this is the invisible language that i perceive as.

Guess, perceive and assume are the tools that they use to evaluate the intentions and thoughts of people around us. There are just some many secrets in everyone that are closely guarded against others. Even Romeo and Juliet's (an example of a couple 100% in love) love for each other will never overpower those secrets within.

So they go about perceiving other's intentions and thoughts, often overestimating their guessing power. I'm pretty sure the number of misconceptions and misunderstandings that exchange hands each day is comparable to Bill Gate's ms windows crashes. It seems that other people are that ok with it, making it feel like "rubbing" people the wrong way is just as widely accepted as Master and Visa.

So this is the invisible language which everyone practises, that i'm talking about. And remember that many wars are started due to this thing call misconception. If you step back to look at it, aint misconception a very scary adversary?