The internet

Len

You should get the administrator to remove the comment. That's such a shit thing to say and the person should be ashamed of themselves.

treeline

oh, the worst thing is that the relatively bad people you might not like wouldn't say stuff like that. For me, they're either say nothing or actually be like "hi!!".

Its the friendlier, "nice" people that to me would go "so, do you talk more now?" or something along those lines. Not in person of course.

The hardest hit I got was on some guy's myspace. He is a great friend to me, we always talk about music and the bands we've been through together.

......" ..far too tall for someone of his personality" was among the text he had written for me in his friends section he made. I mean.. how nice... thanks for that, "my personality"!! Far too many times have people been told about me. I never get there first to make impressions. I'm always the quiet guy from the first second when I'm with others who know me!!

And worse, with the internet you can't control other people's comments..

not much you can do, it happens all the time... its not even a reason to make them bad people. it's just innocent ignorance

awwhs!! Dosen't sound like you're being fake, just sounds like that's how you act when you're comfortable. Faking it would be pretending to be a different person, if it's still you, it's all real. I know that I am very different too from what I seem like here, and what I really am. Dosen't mean it's not really "me", just another part of it.

cobalt_bluester

Don't let that inconsiderate and insensitive comment get to you. Only the other day somebody at work told me to 'cheer up' several times throughout the course of the day. They even know I have depression so what is their excuse - plain ignorance if you ask me.

Trust me, just don't let someones words undermine you - rise above this.

Danfalc

Banned
toothpastekisses said:
I feel so fake! I've joined a social networking site and was pleased that loads of people I used to know before my SA kicked in have contacted me, think I came across as friendly and interesting...but then someone I knew when I was completely crippled by SAD at school commented me and was like "I hope you're not as quiet as you used to be, I could never get a word out of you you was like a mute!". I now feel like I've been putting on a huge facade with those who don't know my true self, which is ironic anyway as I'm not all weird when I'm with people I'm comfortable with :? just as I thought I was kinda gaining confidence too!

Nah ya not fake,i think its important to remember it takes 2 people to have a conversation (and he/she didt seem like they were trying all that hard) and alot of the time we forget that and just blame ourselves.

I really do think theres a difference between being someone your not,and just not being comfortable talking to certain people... we cant get on with everyone dont blame yaself.

S

ste32

I went on a social networking site to meet my best friend from school after 6 months we met and it was a disaster I found out he didn't actual like me as much as school as I had thought and he had become a different person so that quite upset me.

As for internet dating all I seem to find on these sites are either chavs or people who seem to like clubbing. My fault i'm just too picky. Which sites are the best to go on?

DoodlebugSA

I stay away from Facebook for the same reason - I think when someone gets an idea of you they are going to continue thinking of you in that way forever. I did not go to my highschool reunion last year coz I did not want to be reminded of the person I used to be (so depressing) It just feels sometimes that people walk all over you and you dont have the guts to say anything about it. You should say something back.

gsmax5

The only facade you have been putting on is Social Phobia. It doesn't allow people to see your true self.

That commenter was a jerk! (in the original poster's comment, not anyone on SPW)

steve33

I think the thing that upsets me most about facebook is all the people who are married and have kids thats all i want yet i cant meet anyone. Even people you think never would be married with kids are im not saying their lives are perfect but its the peception that it is that most gets me/

LycraPantiies92

Lol. I think it's a facede (sp aye [;) that i put on when i'm ok with the people i'm with. It's when i'm not i clam up (like a wee shellfish XD) and can't speak much to people. I want to but i lke, can't. =s Tis odd. When i'm with the few i can trust i can be shouty, loud, prolly not even a nice me, but when i'm scared i just sit and say nothing ]:
xx

dottie

people are rude. want me to punch her in the boob for you? send me her email.

eta: ooos old post! well the offer still stands

Last edited:

DoodlebugSA

Lol. I think it's a facede (sp aye [;) that i put on when i'm ok with the people i'm with. It's when i'm not i clam up (like a wee shellfish XD) and can't speak much to people. I want to but i lke, can't. =s Tis odd. When i'm with the few i can trust i can be shouty, loud, prolly not even a nice me, but when i'm scared i just sit and say nothing ]:
xx

Sometimes I wonder if I am just really stupid - I mean who cannot think of anything to say??? When I'm around my family and a couple of people I know really well I can also "talk their ears off" so to speak. Maybe my brain just goes into slow motion around others. I always need someone else to initiate a conversation.