texting is stressful

LazyHermitCrab

It's annoying analyzing a text several times and looking in the outbox, reading it again, and realizing there's a huge error. It also sucks if for some reason, the text doesn't end up in the sent box and wondering if it actually sent or i'm being ignored or if I sent a draft that was meant for someone else. Well it's still better than talking on the phone ;)

chrisjurban

Yeah. I have a girlfriend and I can't call her because my mind goes completely blank during our conversations and they're extremely awkward. So we text throughout the day. Usually the best I can do is ask a couple questions, e.g. How was your day?, What was that like?, and then I can think of nothing to say. When I do respond, its usually weird and formal sounding because I've sort of forced it out and perfected it, and I freak out about her responses because I perceive them to be negative. I resort to ignoring her messages completely to avoid this problem. I usually just lie and say that I was caught up at my job and couldn't respond. Ignoring her makes it so that she is the one to create a new topic of conversation so I don't have to. I've developed an anxious-avoidant response to her texts-when I'm not getting them, I really wish I was, but when I get them, I'm afraid to read them because I fear I won't be able to respond in a good way, and I usually end up ignoring them.

mrb

hey now texting is something im good at , i can text faster than anyone on the planet , prob just as well with all the texts i get from my mates gf ect ect , now if only i could work out how to get free texts ;)

LazyHermitCrab

Yeah. I have a girlfriend and I can't call her because my mind goes completely blank during our conversations and they're extremely awkward. So we text throughout the day. Usually the best I can do is ask a couple questions, e.g. How was your day?, What was that like?, and then I can think of nothing to say. When I do respond, its usually weird and formal sounding because I've sort of forced it out and perfected it, and I freak out about her responses because I perceive them to be negative. I resort to ignoring her messages completely to avoid this problem. I usually just lie and say that I was caught up at my job and couldn't respond. Ignoring her makes it so that she is the one to create a new topic of conversation so I don't have to. I've developed an anxious-avoidant response to her texts-when I'm not getting them, I really wish I was, but when I get them, I'm afraid to read them because I fear I won't be able to respond in a good way, and I usually end up ignoring them.

Aww.. yeah it's like texting here and there but not a back and fourth instant conversation

LazyHermitCrab

Anyone who has social anxiety related issues are going to find any type of communicating with others stressful. Its just the way it is. Don't let it get u down! I do not have SA but I have OCD and I am constantly checking my sent mail on facebook and other sites making sure that I did not say anything bad to someone (knowing good and well that I did not).

It would be nice to know if someone read your facebook message or not :D

LazyHermitCrab

hey now texting is something im good at , i can text faster than anyone on the planet , prob just as well with all the texts i get from my mates gf ect ect , now if only i could work out how to get free texts ;)

Oh I used to have limited texts and if I went over, it cost a lot and wasn't fun! But now I have unlimited even though, now, I don't text that much lol.

Secret Message

I hate texting! I'd rather talk on the phone. I mean like you are expected to reply, and I always put it off and reply 13 hours later. Plus, I have to think of what to say, rather than just blurting out something stupid and getting it over with. It also takes forever to reply because I won't shorten any words, and the keys are so small and my fingers are so huge! I don't know how all you people can manage to only hit one key at once on those phones !

Shy_Gurl2007

Texting is stressful, but I prefer it over talking on the phone. I am hesitant to call someone, and when I do my words get all messed up. I have panic attacks when I send a text message, but at least if I get rejected it isn't face to face.

Predacon

Can't says I've ever had any trouble with texting, though I do try to make sure my message is clear. No short cut words for me.