Teenager suffering with HH. Many unanswered questions!

Hello, im a 16 year old male that suffers from HH. I am unaware of how severe my HH is, as I am the only person I know that has it.

I suffer from HH on my hands, feet, and the most unfortunate, my crotch/butt area.

When I write in school, the paper gets all soggy. I can deal with the feet. I can't stand the butt HH because it is VERY uncomfortable and EMBARRASSING.

Does anyone know if the butt HH is compensatory sweating????
Who else has this?

When I smoke marijuana at lunch, my sweating is reduced very much for 5th and 6th period, does anyone else have that effect?

I have talked to my doctor about ROBINUL/Avert, but he says he doesn't want to try that until I am off of accutane. I just want to know before I go on it...does it truly work? What areas does it work for?

Any other info would be great! Thank you very much!!!!!:)

hb72

i think doctors give it mostly to people with generalized sweating all over the body but it can work for all types of sweating just depends on the person.On askapatient.com type in robinul for a list of other peoples experience with the drug ,all people there that have rated robinul have listed it for hyperhidrosis.

doesit

I always had sweating hands,my hands would get covered with the ink from the paper at school.But i never thought that it is strange or anything,ant sometimes people would laugh when i would shake their hand,my answer would been i dont know it is as it is :D I would advise just wipe them to your trousers when they are really wet ant thats all.

margiehope

I've been on Avert (same as Robinul) for several years. My particular problem is head and face HH, but yes the pills work. I've been lucky not to have many side effects--just dry mouth and that only sometimes.

Sounds like your doctor would keep a good eye on you for any problems--good!

Thanks a lot for all of the responses!

Now, I have heard that people using robinul/avert have built up a tolerance to the drug. This worries me a bit.

Can someone please describe how these pills work?
Do they dry you up COMPLETELY? If I was to take on in the morning before school, would I stay dry all day? Dosages?

Thanks a lot!

DaaaBulls

You can browse around the hypderhidrosis section on the site and most if not all of your questions can be answered by spending a night and reading all of the threads.

It seems overwhelming at first but just read through the stuff and you will get a lot of information and different things you can do and different medications and treatments. For now though, read and get informed.

cm123

A side effect of Accutane can actually be increased sweating. Once you are off it for a month, see if you notice a reduction in how much you sweat. If HH of the hands bother you, you can try using Ionto. The Drionic machine retails for about $100 and is well worth the money.

margiehope

Noone else can say what your response to Avert/Robinul would be. Like everything connected to HH, it's very individual.

I have been taking Avert for a fair time--though not every day--and have not had to increase dosage. I take it an hour before eating and am dry all day except when it's ghastly hot.

You'd have to play around with the dosage, but it's worked for a lot of people.

Good luck, whatever your choices!

Avert/Robinul has many positive reviews...the only thing im nervous about is building up a tolerance to the drug. id only be using it during the school week (5 days a week), and events that come up where i cant be seen sweating. its really just embarrassing for me. i can stand sweating on the weekends when im alone, but i would probably use it before going to a party...very exciting to hear this drug works!