Talking to memories?

hippiechild

I've found myself reciting my side of conversations without realizing it. I start thinking of when I was talking to someone yesterday,then I think out their side of the conversation in my head. I am thinking out their half and speaking my responses out loud. I usually stop after 2-4 responses when I finally realize what I am doing.
:?

Does anyone else do this?

Tryin

Oh, I do that. I think we have a poll somewhere on the site about talking to one's self... you might want to look for it, it's quite deliberating to see other people who have imaginary conversations, too. :wink:

SilentType

Banned
Sorry Tryin, but I think he's looking for a more specific answer than "it's ok to talk to yourself.".

hippiechild,
I do what you describe above every night when I go to bed. I go over conversations I had that day or maybe the day before over and over,and sometimes I don't even sleep because of it. This is just a natural reaction to our social phobic life. We go over conversations because we think we could have said something better or something that made more sense or something more helpful, get my drift. The fact is, if everyone was programmed to say the perfect thing all of the time then this world would be boring as hell. Unfortunately, the only thing that's worked for me to get rid of these nightly thinking patterns is to take a double dose of clonazepam before bed. Benzodiazepines really do a good job of slowing your mind down in times of uncontrollable thoughts. I hope I helped...

Peace

hippiechild

thank you both for your replies! :D I am at fairly high risk of schizophrenia, so I was a little concerned when I found myself already on the third response to someone who isn't there. Especially when it's me talking to them out loud and unconsciously making gestures to them haha... I can only imagine what true insanity is like.