sweating disorder

Anonymous

i need to know if anybody knows, i am 12 years old and i have a sweating disorder. you can have surgery to take your sweat glands out. do any of you know how old you have to be in order to get that surgery?

Anonymous

by 12 sweating is a natural thing, even the over sweeting (for some people), it will be over by the time you're 14,....meanwhile enjoy your life, do u live in a hot country?

Anonymous

Surgery is an absolute LAST resort. They don't remove the sweat glands; they sever the nerves that tell the sweat glands when to sweat. It's an extreme solution.

Discuss this with your parents and your doctor. Usually, a person with a sweating disorder will try medications and strong topical antiperspirants (Drysol) first. Then they may try iontopheresis (using electricity to "shut off" the sweat glands). Only after these options fail a patient will a doctor consider surgery.

Anonymous

You obviously have hyperhidrosis, like me.

by 12 sweating is a natural thing, even the over sweeting (for some people), it will be over by the time you're 14

Don't listen to this guy, he has no idea what he is talking about.

introvert

it's probably psychological, nevertheless consult with a doctor, they'll point you in the right direction - no need to be considering making decisions about surgery yet lol. I got this prob. too, every fkin day my shirt is drenched and i gotta sit at work in this stupid drenched shirt and my face all greasy ahh it sucks, but intil i see a doc i guess i'll have to... sweat it.. lol