Survey on Social Anxiety (Pls Help!)

akeunae

Hi guys I really need your help! This is for my project, which is to make a mix media on social anxiety. I want to make my final product really authentic, accurate, and relatable. It means a lot to me if you guys answer this! Thank you!:)

Name: /Anonymous Gender: F/M

Survey: Social Anxiety

1. For you, what is Social Anxiety?

2. What do you mostly feel and think when you’re in any social situation? Describe 3.

3. How will your body react when you’re feeling stress, anxious, uneasy in a social situation? List 5 physical symptoms you always experience.

4. Out of the several social situations listed, choose 5 that always cause you the highest level of stress, anxiety, and, unease:
a. Speaking in public or in front of/to other people
b. Being criticized/teased/judged/watched
c. Making new friends
d. Attending a social event like party
e. Starting and continuing a conversation with person
f. Being reprimanded/scolded for doing something wrong
g. Making a mistake in front of other people
h. Talking to or greeting someone only to be ignored
i. Talking to a person who’s superior or is in authority
j. Eye contact with other people
k. Telling someone he or she hurt your feelings or annoyed you

The following questions will be answered with Yes or No answers. Please answer them honestly.

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? _______
6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? ______
7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? _____
8. Does your fear of embarrassment kept you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? _____
9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? _____
10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? _____
11. Has your anxiety stopped you from functioning or performing well at work/school, daily routines, and having friendships and relationships? ______
12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? ____
13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? _____

SCP-087-1

Name: Anonymous Gender: M

I don't like social situations. They elicit a fear response for me. I'm going to do something wrong and people will judge me. I don't like that

2. What do you mostly feel and think when you’re in any social situation? Describe 3.
a) That I'm going to say something weird and people will know how weird I am
b) That I'm going to mess up and people will laugh at me
c) I think about excuses to leave

3. How will your body react when you’re feeling stress, anxious, uneasy in a social situation? List 5 physical symptoms you always experience.
a) In really bad situations I shake. Like when I'm speaking in front of a lot of people My knees and hands shake
b) My heart beats really fast. Some times I get heart palpitations
c) Nausea. I've never actually thrown up but I feel like I'm about to
d) I start to sweat. It's not that bad but it's noticeable
e) I feel really panicked. Like I have to run or fight.

4. Out of the several social situations listed, choose 5 that always cause you the highest level of stress, anxiety, and, unease:
c. Making new friends

The following questions will be answered with Yes or No answers. Please answer them honestly.

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? Yes
6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? Yes
7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? Yes
8. Does your fear of embarrassment kept you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? Yes
9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? No
10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? No
11. Has your anxiety stopped you from functioning or performing well at work/school, daily routines, and having friendships and relationships? Yes
12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? No
13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? No

I think you would get more replies if you made a survey on a website and posted the link here. Some people might not want to post some things here. You can google something like "survey builder free" and a bunch of stuff will pop up

fate12321

Name: /Anonymous Gender: Male

1. For me, social anxiety is cycle of fear. A cycle that can only be broken if we have the will change.

1. I feel like I'm being stared at.
2. I feel like my presence is making everyone uncomfortable and I should leave.
3. I usually think that I shouldn't be here, and I hope I don't have to talk.

1. Extremely nervous.
2. I feel like I can't breath.
3. Whenever I leave that environment, I feel like a just ran a marathon.
4. Uncomfortable
5. I feel like crap in general :/

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? Yes
6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? Yes
7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? Yes
8. Does your fear of embarrassment kept you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? Yes
9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? Yes
10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? Yes
11. Has your anxiety stopped you from functioning or performing well at work/school, daily routines, and having friendships and relationships? Yes
12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? No
13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? No

arjuna

Name: /Anonymous Gender: M

A word used to describe certain emotions that are linked to social interactions.

Well, it depends on who I am with but:

1) Everyone hates me
2) People think I am stupid
3) I feel I need validation

Twitches
Shaky voice
Visual and auditory hallucinations.

c. Making new friends
f. Being reprimanded/scolded for doing something wrong
h. Talking to or greeting someone only to be ignored
k. Telling someone he or she hurt your feelings or annoyed you

5. Do you make irrational and negative scenarios of you in a social event ahead of time? _______Yes
6. Are you constantly afraid of making a mistake and being judged by others? ______Yes
7. Are you afraid of meeting new people and being in an unfamiliar situation? _____Yes
8. Does your fear of embarrassment kept you from doing things you always want to do? And speaking to other people? _____Yes
9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? _____No
10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? _____ ?00
12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? ____No
13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? _____No

Last edited:

eevee

Hey good luck with your project! Don't know if you still need more surveys but here is my response:

The irrational fear of interacting with people I don't know in social settings.

1 - I'm nervous. I fumble with my words and hands because I'm distracted by the situation and can't concentrate on what I'm trying to say.
2 - I'm afraid. I fear not knowing what to say, how to react, offending someone
3 - I'm critical of myself. I criticize myself for making situations "awkward."

- Heart races
- Cheeks flush
- Hands shake
- Hands sweat
- Body tenses

1. Being criticized/teased/judged/watched
2. Making new friends
3. Attending a social event like a party
4. Talking to a person who’s superior or is in authority
5. Being reprimanded/scolded for doing something wrong

9. Do you avoid social situations at all cost? No

10. Have you ever had an anxiety or panic attack resulted from your anxiety about a social situation? Yes

12. Do you cry easily from anxiety? Yes

13. Have you ever gotten sick because of anxiety? Yes