Supplement- Prevagen survey/2 month trial

J_D

I've posted this elsewhere, hope it's ok to post it here. I am not with the company at all- just posting the info. You just need to complete the survey and then do 2 more later on.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PrevagenAnxietySurvey

Thank you for learning about the Prevagen anxiety survey. If you are interested in participating in a free survey of the brain health supplement Prevagen, continue reading and fill in the necessary information to get started.

Prevagen is manufactured by Quincy Bioscience, a research-based biotechnology company located in Madison, Wis. Prevagen contains the unique ingredient apoaequorin which was orignially derived from a specific species of jellyfish found in the Puget Sound.

Why jellyfish? Apoaequorin is a calcium-binding protein (CaBP) that happens to be very similar to the CaBP's your brain makes. The proteins play a key role in regulating calcium in the neuron.

When calcium levels are disrupted in brain cells many cell mechanisms fail to function properly, including the release of neurotransmitters.

Some people taking Prevagen have reported mood benefits of the supplement. Your participation in this two month observational survey will help us understand Prevagen's potential efficacy in this area better.

There is no cost to participate and no strings attached. We will send you two months of Prevgaen in exchange for your completion of 3 surveys, including the baseline survey which you will find here.

J_D

Well I got mine, don't know if anyone else here is trying it. Nothing to report, only took my second pill today :cool:

Here's a recent article on the company: Jellyfish protein boosts cognitive function and wins patent protection

I've got a couple PDF's from the company but not sure how to post them here. Here's a bit from one:

In an open-label human study of fifty-six individuals using a
validated Quality of Life survey instrument, Prevagen
improved cognitive function in a majority of the participants
in areas such as the ability to find words in conversation,
recall events, and remember driving directions over ninety
days [15]. Additionally, there were no drop-outs in the study
due to adverse events.

"The ability to find words in a conversation"...that would be nice. Driving directions? I'm a guy..don't ask.

Anyone else trying this?