sup everyone.........

Monstrous

Mad new to the forum here and just wanted to say sup.

Just thought this morning about 'hey, maybe there's an anti social forum out there somewhere' and here I am.

Kinda sucks to see that the agoraphobia forum is barely active. Are most of you at least mildly agoraphobic? I got diagnosed with minor agoraphobia. Like I can leave the house whenever *I* want to. But like if my friends wanna hang out but I'm not in the mood I mentally can't. Anyone else like this?

Hit me back shut ins, I'm bored.

coyote

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I don't want to spend any time in my house at all or I would have to do the dishes or open my mail

Luke1993

Hello Monstrous! Welcome! Well I don't think I'm truly agoraphobic but I'm sure there are many other agoraphobics here!

Monstrous

they have made a significant impact on my life, but I'm not defined by them

I didn't mean to offend if I did I apologize. Its just a little foreign for me talking to other people that have social phobias too. For me its unbearable talking to others in RL if I'm not in the mood. I like the "I'm not defined by them" line, makes sense.

And sup luke, nice to meet you. *bows*

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Hey monstrous :)

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I don't want to spend any time in my house at all or I would have to do the dishes or open my mail

I suggest you at least check where your mail comes from, I used to not open it too until I got a letter marked with a big red URGENT high priority mail written on it, and it was from some bank I used to have an account with who was threatening to sue me because for some reason I owed them 1$. Craaaazy world

coyote

Hey monstrous :)

I suggest you at least check where your mail comes from, I used to not open it too until I got a letter marked with a big red URGENT high priority mail written on it, and it was from some bank I used to have an account with who was threatening to sue me because for some reason I owed them 1$. Craaaazy world

Oh I got plenty of big red Urgent people trying to collect money - that's the reason why I avoid opening my mail.

If I just ignore them, they'll go away after a while

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

I must say... the way you talk/type makes me giggle a bit. That's not a bad thing at all~ just sayin'.

I'm agoraphobic. I've been this way since highschool; got better for awhile then worse again and now I'm going through therapy to try to 'get better' again, I guess. It's kinda hard to imagine ever looking out my window and not being terrified of people, though.

Monstrous

I must say... the way you talk/type makes me giggle a bit. That's not a bad thing at all~ just sayin'.

I'm agoraphobic. I've been this way since highschool; got better for awhile then worse again and now I'm going through therapy to try to 'get better' again, I guess. It's kinda hard to imagine ever looking out my window and not being terrified of people, though.

Heh, I hear ya. Ugh I just hate talking to people unless I'm in the mood. Must be why I drink so much, heh.

Feathers

Hi Mon!

I think you may be better off posting in the agoraphobia sub-forum.. or reading some older posts there.. Some people on this forum have overcome agoraphobia or are working on it and making good progress..

I've only had minor bouts of it, for a few weeks tops mostly.. and yes it's related to level of energy and how I feel and what the situation is.. some social occasions are just, uhm, boring? so it's okay to decide to not wanna go out now and then, but if it's 'stronger than you' (and you really wanna go out, but don't), then you do have a problem... might wanna check if there's a common denominator to occasions when you want to stay in..

Monstrous

I dunno, I mean I used to think that I was messed up in the head because I've lost a million people in my life. Like my sister, my dad, two best friends, 10+ other friends, etc. And that was within a year apart if that of each other. But then I thought back farther and realized I've been off in the noggin since like 4th grade, and I'm 28 now, so I dunno.

BUT, I'm going to see a shrink VERY soon so fingers crossed. :p

Oh, and this forum kicks ass. VERY nice to meet a group of nice and understanding people going through the same stuff I'm going through. :)

panicsurvivor

Mad new to the forum here and just wanted to say sup.

Just thought this morning about 'hey, maybe there's an anti social forum out there somewhere' and here I am.

Kinda sucks to see that the agoraphobia forum is barely active. Are most of you at least mildly agoraphobic? I got diagnosed with minor agoraphobia. Like I can leave the house whenever *I* want to. But like if my friends wanna hang out but I'm not in the mood I mentally can't. Anyone else like this?

Hit me back shut ins, I'm bored.

Welcome to the site. I have a extremely sever panic disorder. I am not shut in, far from it. But I have a deep seated fear of the sky, and all wide open Spaces in general. So I know what your talking about. I have never checked any of the forums directly I just go to todays posts and post. Or I will start a new thread. I am not even sure what forums my threads have shown up on to tell the truth. I am here if you ever need to talk to someone.

DespairSoul

Hello Monstrous,

Hell ya i relate :) welcome to forum and enjoy good community here.
I do avoid a lot of things(almost everythig) then i know how u feel.