Suicidal Thoughts

krs2snow

No, I don't. I never really have either. Felt really down but no, nothing to the point of ending myself. I think it's immoral. I really do. Along w/INCREDIBLY, UNBELIEVABLY, HORRIFYINGLY selfish & self-absorbed.

Volaju

sometimes yeah, and saying suicide is immoral reeks of ignorance,but that's people! so i can't blame ya really...

krs2snow

sometimes yeah, and saying suicide is immoral reeks of ignorance,but that's people! so i can't blame ya really...
Yea. & talkin 'bout committing suicide is just oozing intelligence, but that's people! so I can't blame ya really...

VioletTears

Yes...

I have had them daily for the past year.

Some days they are just thoughts born out of frustration and I don't think that I would act on them... Other days I wonder if I might. I do cut and often I think how easy it would be just to cut my wrist instead and then I wouldn't have to suffer ever again... But I know that it would bring suffering to my family, especially to my son. Normally that is enough to make me plow on...

But, back in July I went through an extreme low after my dog died... I was hanging on by a thread before that and after he died I became even more frantic and tormented and I just COULDN'T take it anymore, and I ended up taking 18 IB Profin. It was enough to potentially make my stomach bleed and kill me over time but not enough to kill me right then and there.

I'm seeing a therapist now... I hope that it eventually helps because I really do need to hang on for the sake of my son, but it has been really hard lately...

I hope that you also have someone to talk to, Jejune... and I hope that things get easier. I know it's a rotten place to be.

Mike87

Jejune said:
Does anybody else here have frequent thoughts of suicide?

Yeah, 1-2 years ago i was very suicidal. But the idea of maybe being a hell really annoyed me so i stopped thinking about it.

I will never kill myself.

Argamemnon

krs2snow said:
No, I don't. I never really have either. Felt really down but no, nothing to the point of ending myself. I think it's immoral. I really do. Along w/INCREDIBLY, UNBELIEVABLY, HORRIFYINGLY selfish & self-absorbed.
If you experienced the same amount of mental pain some of us have to endure you would be more understanding. The pain I feel is unbearable, my belief in God is the only reason that I don't commit suicide. If I were an atheist I seriously wouldn't wait a second. Even though I love my parents, I wouldn't even hesitate. I hope you can at least imagine how much pain I have. Obviously, the pain I feel is not the same as your pain. Like I said, it's my fear of God, my fear of punishment which is preventing me, nothing else..

I used to be really suicidal but I kinda got over it...But for some reason that last two times I got drunk I started saying I wanted to go jump in front of a bus. The first time it was because me and my room mate were at a club and he was chatting up ladies and I couldn't gather the confidence so I really got depressed I guess...but he helped me out and I got two numbers :D

The second time I don't even remember why...I was really wasted and we were at the room next store to us at the college with the girls who live there. My room mate was making moves on one girl and I think they were ragging on me for being so quiet...when I'm sober and that happens I usually get a little thought in my head like "dammit! I hate myself!" But this time I started saying I was gonna jump in front of a car and actually started putting my shoes on before they stopped me and started showering me with compliments which did make me feel better..later that night me and the other girl there went back to my room to watch wedding crashers...she fell asleep in my arms and we even kissed a couple times (my first kiss!!) So it always seems to work out but I don't know if I should drink anymore

playthepsychedelic

Argamemnon said:
krs2snow said:
If you experienced the same amount of mental pain some of us have to endure you would be more understanding. The pain I feel is unbearable, my belief in God is the only reason that I don't commit suicide. If I were an atheist I seriously wouldn't wait a second. Even though I love my parents, I wouldn't even hesitate. I hope you can at least imagine how much pain I have. Obviously, the pain I feel is not the same as your pain. Like I said, it's my fear of God, my fear of punishment which is preventing me, nothing else..
:? God?
what god?
the one that makes you suffer every day more and more? that seems to completely forget to make you happy day after day, no matter how hard you try?

I'm sorry. I don't want to offend you or make fun of your religion (although I just did) , but I can't seem to find any evidence or reason for him to exist...

_Brittany_

Same here. God is the only thing that keeps me going.

Argamemnon

playthepsychedelic said:
I'm sorry. I don't want to offend you or make fun of your religion (although I just did)
This is something I don't understand, I never make fun of atheists' disbelief, is it that hard to respect one another. I'm not angry at you, but it saddens me to receive such reactions. People disagree on many things and that should be perfectly fine.

Walk

freestylemonster said:
he was chatting up ladies and I couldn't gather the confidence so I really got depressed I guess...but he helped me out and I got two numbers :D

You have an amazing room mate and friend there. Appreciate it. I wish I had something even close to that growing up.

sketchy24

I romanticize about it often but its something I would never do. It's extremely selfish and I could never put my family through so much pain even though I don't understand why they would care since I seem pretty much non-existent to them anyway. I mean I know they care though and watching my mom take it so hard just to see my brother move out of the house, I can't imagine how she would take a suicide.

And ya, I agree with others, my belief in God is pretty much the ONLY thing keeping me from ever doing it. Though its not really cause I think suicide is a free pass to hell. Just I know God is bigger than my problems and there's always hope. Despite what many may think, life is a gift, and I would hate to throw it away so easily. Sure I may enter into heaven but I would feel so ashamed to stand before God after taking the easy way out. Besides you never know what could have happened if you kept going.

And God does not make me suffer. And its not his job to make me happy. He didn't say life was gonna be easy and trusting him does not guarantee a happy life full of love and peace. But he will always stand by you and there is nothing he will place before you you can't overcome. And yes I credit God for getting me this far and I know he'll be there the rest of the way. And I'll never find out what he had in store if I give up now.

Yes I admit its hard to keep faith in God all the time and sometimes I'm caught questioning his existence at time but he's still there whether I believe in him or not. But reading the bible helps me understand him a little bit more every time I read it and each time I come back I'm a little bit stronger than I was before and my faith a bit firmer.

villacjs

I've had thoughts on suicide. I always get the thoughts when I'm starting or changing an antidepressant, for those of you in America will know they have black box warnings about this, I'm Australian so the only info is in the product info sheet. Anyway when I went from 10 to 20mg of Lexapro the drug seemed to have stopped working rather than increased potency so I became suicidal I had to be put in a mental health clinic where I said I was going to kill myself so they gave me 2 x 5mg of valium and a drug called Largactil, don't remember much after that thing 8O

I've got a family history of depression and suicide so my parents are careful about me. I don't think suicide is against God. I'm agnostic but I believe that if there is a God that he would always forgive, thats what I was taught anyway.

playthepsychedelic

Argamemnon said:
playthepsychedelic said:
I'm sorry. I don't want to offend you or make fun of your religion (although I just did)
This is something I don't understand, I never make fun of atheists' disbelief, is it that hard to respect one another. I'm not angry at you, but it saddens me to receive such reactions. People disagree on many things and that should be perfectly fine.
I'm sorry
I had a bad day... it was really childish of me to react this way. I didn't mean it that way.