Successful date

Felgen

I went on a date today that went absolutely perfect. She asked me out and also asked for a second date tomorrow. The problem is that she wants me to bring a friend to a double date tomorrow, but the few friends I have are either attached, uninterested in long-term relationships or live far away.

Any hints?

Shift

Ooh, what did you guys do on your date?

I don't know what to do about the double date thing though D: I guess you could try to get one of your uninterested-in-long-term-dating friends to try to go with you?

Felgen

Ooh, what did you guys do on your date?

I don't know what to do about the double date thing though D: I guess you could try to get one of your uninterested-in-long-term-dating friends to try to go with you?

Just watched a movie, talked and then kissed. We agreed on no sex on the first date. ::p: The problem with bringing someone who's uninterested in a seroius relationship, is that her friend has been manipulated too many times before.

If anyone wants a good movie to watch on the first date, then I recommend The Thing. :D

Shift

Just watched a movie, talked and then kissed. We agreed on no sex on the first date. ::p: The problem with bringing someone who's uninterested in a seroius relationship, is that her friend has been manipulated too many times before.

If anyone wants a good movie to watch on the first date, then I recommend The Thing. :D

Oh, so her friend is looking for a serious relationship then? Not just someone to go out with? That's difficult then...

MsBuzzkillington

Congratulations on having a successful first date. Sounds like you had a great time.

I would suggest asking one of your uninterested in long term dating friends to go. Explain to the girl that your friend isn't looking for anything serious but would be up for hanging out in a group setting. As long as the girl (the friend) knows that it's not going to lead to anything, that it's just casual and fun... she shouldn't expect anything and therefor not feel manipulated into anything.

LazyHermitCrab

A date night right after a date night? I guess that's how some people do it :p maybe ask her to bring another guy friend of hers or just honestly tell her what you wrote here and do a double date some other time, which is what i would do

Mokkat

Yeah, cause mutated dogs and upside down head spiders make the girls wanna smooch :D

grats on a good date. Wish I could go on one

UnOccupied

Congrats man!

Hey, tell your friends not to worry about anything long term. Your girls probably just looking to spice things up a little. And hey, maybe your friend could get a little action, no need to worry about marriage on a first date lol

A friend

Congrats, very very good! :D

Don't worry about anything, and don't let your friends worry about anything. Be happy, and I hope your friends be happy too.

JamesSmith

A double date would be fantastic if you have more attractive qualities than the other guy. It could be the opposite result, though, if he shines more than you do.

Tiercel

Congratulations!

Just be honest. Tell her you know a good guy, but he has two major drawbacks: he lives in New Jersey, and he thinks he's a hawk. ;)

Feathers

YAY for the date! :)

Yeah, I suggest be flirty but honest about your friends too - say sort of what you told us, maybe with a little humor like Tiercel suggested (maybe don't mention the hawk thing though, just in case :)) and then ask if her friend would still be interested in going out, is it okay to get someone 'just for fun'/to even the numbers (who knows what can happen anyway? but the girl shouldn't get her hopes up), or if it can be just the two of you? Or if she has a better suggestion?

Sometimes it's also good to not date every day, maybe something to keep in mind for later dates? so things remain more interesting longer? of course go through what you agreed upon already, just tell her about the friend situation..
You are not a dating agency, so just keep things real. Some people do meet through friends, and she just asked - possibly having no idea she'd cause any distress.. :) Worst situation, the girl's friend could get a guy she met online to come with too?

Felgen

I told the truth. Honesty paid off this time as well. :) We ended up making love at her apartment.

Liam17

I told the truth. Honesty paid off this time as well. :) We ended up making love at her apartment.

Dude, i was about to go till i saw this.

GET IN.

No seriously, well done :)

I'm leaving the forums soon, just thought i'd comment on a few things. Try and help people out.

Honesty, has got me nowhere atm though.

JamesSmith

Dude, i was about to go till i saw this.

GET IN.

No seriously, well done :)

I'm leaving the forums soon, just thought i'd comment on a few things. Try and help people out.

Honesty, has got me nowhere atm though.

Liam, honesty is a very good quality. The reason some SAD sufferers think it gets us nowhere is because we don't communicate with as many people so there are less chances to actually show that you are an honest person. If you did a survey, an overwhelming majority of people would want an honest friend or spouse. Think about the opposite option....a liar? Ugh, not many people like liars, believe me, I know a couple of liars and they aren't the most popular guys if you get my drift.

Felgen

She turned out to be a psycho b!tch after I took to long to send a sms (or she was just using me; she has done so with other guys). I dodged a bullet by severing contact with her. :)