Stereotyping!

LilMissTragic

FFS, if I get stereotyped once more I'm gonna scream. Went to the local shop, wearing my fave clothing, black, lottsa buckles kinda gear and then proceeded to get gawped and pointed at by a bunch of people that should know better, "Oh look, shes gothic". FFs, cant people wear black and happen to have black hair and NOT be gothic?. The other day I was a weirdo because of the way I dress and the other week, after walking my dogs in the rain and mud for an hour I was a scruffy cow. These people really should take a long look in the mirror. I'm comfortable with who I am so whats thier problem. I just told them that if they didnt like what they saw then they should stop looking. Now i'm a rude inconsiderate bitch...apparently!
Ohh well, whats one more stereotype!

Bloody humans!!!!
By the way, I'm not really angry about it, just bemused at peoples narrowmindedness.

Tris

OooH yeah that happens alot, you should come to Northampton, the people who dress in bright colors and are "normal" get looked at funny there , its a great place! Im not goth but alot of my friends are so i know what you mean.

-Jp

that's kind of a dilemma, having sa and being judged because u dress different. have you seen the butterfly effect? there's a funny scene in there about a gothic guy in there that's being laughed at and how he deals with it.
i don't realy have a way with of dealing with these kind of things now but when i feel good i just give those kind of people a look and they are quick to go about their own buisness.

LilMissTragic

It doesnt bother me so much, i just hate being labeled, Especially being labeled something I'm not. Yeh the butterfly effect was good but i dont own a snooker cue...lol

Yossarian

Just found a quick quote from Thomas Huxley:

"One of the unpardonable sins, in the eyes of most people, is for a man to go about unlabelled. The world regards such a person as the police do an unmuzzled dog, not under proper control."

Anonymous

When someone is like that I just want to slowly stop turn around like Arnold in Terminator 2 when the shotgun dude goes "hey i can't let you ride of with the mans bike" (but instead substitute the offending line), and then turn around walk up to them real slow. lol.. ok i'd need to be built like arnie for that oh well.