Speaking problems

bardock

for as long as i can remember, i find it really hard to talk to people and keep the conversation flowing.howver If i do talk to someone, usually the sentence i say doesn't make sense, like i get my words mixed up in the sentance so i have to repeat the exact same sentance again for a second time, its really fustrating.
and yeah so i tend to reply with one words like "yeah" I feel il make a fool of myself if i start speaking up again......
So when i have to do presentations at uni, its the worst thing, i can never keep it flowing as my head goes blank as soon as I see all those people. I really need helpp
are there any exercises I can do to help me with this problem..

Last edited:

bitingthepea

I thought i was reading my own comment then !
I have 100% the same problem and its horrible. When i do eventually talk to someone i mix my words up and say the shortest sentences possible and end my short sentences witth ... "so yeah"
argghh

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Same here. It's like I can't form a proper sentence from my thoughts quickly enough and so my sentences become disjointed and awkward. It's so embarrassing. It's because my brain is already doing too much thinking; I can't think straight due to the anxiety.