Something i made

recluse

It's my first ever attempt at making a 'Love spoon'. They are an old tradition of Wales when men would make one for their lover. I don't have proper carving tools so i used a band saw, knife, a drill, a dremmel and some sand paper, i then oiled it using Linseed oil. Please be kind::p:

2009-10-14-48791.jpg

2009-10-14-48748.jpg

FOR REAL

Banned
there is no reason for me typing this in, apart from the fact it that it may go back near the top of the list
i couldnt make anything like that, and i couldnt sing like the welsh iether

FOR REAL

Tiercel

Very good for a first attempt, recluse! Do you have a special lady in mind, or are you just getting some practice before you make the real thing?

I've always wished I was more skilled at woodworking. To illustrate my proficiency (and to make recluse's work look even better), behold the following. This was my attempt to scallop a fretboard back in '02. I still haven't gone back and "finished" the job....

scallops.jpg

And this pic really shows my skills. I originally planned on carving an eagle's head on the top of this stick, but after whittling the bark off and getting a rough shape down....

lightstick.jpg

So just think, recluse, you could always be worse. :)

mmmm

Woweee!!! And you were trying to get a job as a crappy security guard? Seems like you were meant for something a tad more creative. Tell us all about this lover of yours. She doesn't stand a chance.

recluse

Thanks for the nice comments guys:)

I will make a better one, i just have limited tools which makes the job difficult. I also need to get better quality wood for carving because i haven't shown on the back where a chunk has split off in two places whilst carving.

Tiercel that's a really good job. I wouldn't have the guts to do that to a guitar!

recluse

there is no reason for me typing this in, apart from the fact it that it may go back near the top of the list
i couldnt make anything like that, and i couldnt sing like the welsh iether

FOR REAL

It's funny how people stereotype the Welsh as being good singers....I can't sing for sh#t! Still it's better than the other stereotype that we are sheep sh##gers! :D

Tiercel

Tiercel that's a really good job. I wouldn't have the guts to do that to a guitar!

Sure you would. As long as it was your first (and crappiest) guitar, and you were currently listening to Yngwie Malmsteen's music religiously!

Good job, Recluse! Awsome spoon! It looks so cute and special. I didn't even know about the tradition.

I want that spoon asap, lol.

Nice work man. Do not be so hard on yourself. This was your first one.
I am sure you will get better with practice.

blue-roses

My God, I love the spoon, recluse! I'm obsessed with Welsh culture - I'm doing my linguistics assignment on the Welsh language at the moment - but I'd never heard of love spoons. It's adorable!