Someone to talk to on here?

Hi,
I have had depression for years and I had some way of a control over it until very recently. I'm now extremely depressed. Going about my business reluctantly whilst repeating awful things about myself. Too negative to share with anyone here. I've been very lonely aswell. The people that I am close to do not want to hear me complain. It is like they are allergic to my negativity. I've almost quit my job so many times in the past due to depression. It's one of those times again where I'm at the quitting stage. Is there anyone here who could talk to me?

Last edited:

Resurrection

I've been trying to talk to people on here. How's it going now?
Like you, family doesn't care to hear me out. Just know there are people out there who will help you. I don't have severe depression but I can offer some advice if you want. Let me know.
How has your day been?

F0AM

Sure! i'm always willing to talk/listen if you want/need, though i'm not very good at giving advices haha, don't worry, you're not alone.

zharl

Well, the community is pretty supportive, as you've already seen. I'm one of many members who would be happy to talk!

You should take someone up on their offer, as it's probably not a good idea to continue to allow that stuff to clang around in your head.

Feel free to PM me or contact me on mini chat, if I'm on. :D

Hi,
I have had depression for years and I had some way of a control over it until very recently. I'm now extremely depressed. Going about my business reluctantly whilst repeating awful things about myself. Too negative to share with anyone here. I've been very lonely aswell. The people that I am close to do not want to hear me complain. It is like they are allergic to my negativity. I've almost quit my job so many times in the past due to depression. It's one of those times again where I'm at the quitting stage. Is there anyone here who could talk to me?
I've had depression on & off for many years now, including major depression a few times. So who knows, maybe i could help you a bit. Also i had depression/etc problems at most of my jobs. The last part-time job i had, i simply stopped going, as it got me into a major depression, so i just couldnt endure it any longer.

You're welcome to send me the odd PM if you like. I'm a good listener & i actually like talking about problems! Also i have some irish in me, so maybe i know how you guys over there think & feel? :)

rockstarcheers

I had been into depression many years ago,,,, its when someone introduced me to book reading ...

Try doing things manually rather using any kind of machine. Take it as a challenge not to use any machines for 30 days...

NaomiV

I'm not on here very often since I usually get depressed by seeing all the sad posts and knowing I can't help most of them due to lack of experience, but you and I could chat every once in a while if you like. Also, I've been getting involved on a lot of different sites designed to get people motivated towards their goals and majorly boost self-confidence. A lot of people I know have used this site to help with depression and anxiety: superbetter.com. I am also using it and it has definitely helped me in my social life. Hope you feel better!

chev

Hey, sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. I've dealt with depression for years, myself. If you need someone to vent to, you can message me. I am not the best at figuring out what to say or how to help, but it hurts me to think about someone going through depression alone. I would like to help out the best I can, even if that would just mean listening to (in this case, reading about) what is keeping you down. It usually is just helpful enough for me when I know someone cares and can relate.

thecontents

I have a love hate relationship with talking. But I'm open to talking to someone if they need help or if they would like to help me.

I'm really analytical. Sorry if I'm truth juicing.

Do you want to talk in person? I have skype. It's really to early to tell but I think skype is going to make it big if it hasn't already.