Socially comfortable and conversational.

Quietguy11

I know I am beating the medication thing down to the ground here, but I am just so fascinated at how it has worked for me, and want to share the hope of recovery with everyone else. Getting past the pride was the hardest thing for me at first. I simply didn't want to be told I had to take medication and see a therapist. It didn't seem like my ideal way of living out this life. When I was taking medication I always had paranoid thoughts that would come into my mind that the medications were possibly destroying my good chemicals, and that I would be worse off than I was before taking them. Now that I have recovered tremendously on medication so that group situations aren't a problem, socializing is not a problem, feeling comfortable around people is not a problem, anxiety is reduced significantly, I know now that the medication only brought balance and healing to the way my brain functioned.

I developed social anxiety back in 2007, then it got worse with psychosis, and I thought for sure that my life was screwed up permanently, but when I made that decision to seek professional help, and stuck with it despite how much my mind was telling me to just drop it all, I finally started seeing results in my personality, behavior, and overall functionality as a social person.

I strongly recommend medication for those who are experiencing social withdrawal, trouble concentrating/retaining information, trouble speaking/not perceiving the voice correctly, intense fears or phobias, and the like. It may take a bit of time to sort out what medication best works for you, and how long it will take before the medication to finally kick in (It took over a year for me before I seen the results I see now) but it will practically fix all those social problems because all social phobia is - is an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. Medication will balance those chemicals, and get you back on your feet, like it got me back on my feet.

Recovery from social phobia disorder and other mental health illnesses is possible. I know because I recovered from a severe, chronic, mental health illness.

Congratulations!! It's so good to hear success stories like yours. And I agree 100% with you.

I went off medication for about 4 years, thinking that I battle a whole list of mental/emotional problems on my own... I've learned that I need medication. At least for now :) And I'm very happy to say I've started a new med recently... seems to be working OK.

Anywho, just wanted to say congrats and good luck on your journey :)

-Miss Understood