Social Anxiety or just Self Awareness?

sketchy24

What's the difference and do you really have social anxiety if you are just aware of the truth and your feelings and low self esteem are just caused by what the truth is rather than an irrational anxiety?

I mean, if you're ugly, then you're ugly. Its just the truth. Walking around like you're oblivious to the fact that you're a moron, doesn't change the fact that you are. So if you're feeling bad or anxious cause you don't measure up and stuff, would that be considered social anxiety? SA is irrational fear or anxiety. If theres a reason, its not really irrational.

mushawah

i think there the same if it gets in the way of your life.i know alot of ugly people who have high self esteem.it makes me think sometimes.when im myself,people love me,but i cant be myself.it just makes me think,this person is ugly or wutver but they act like themselves,it makes me feel bad cuz im good looking and i cant even be myself,u know wut i mean

sketchy24

See so for you, you're anxiety is irrational right? I mean you're good looking and you know it. But what if say that ugly person knew they were ugly and instead of being happy and being themselves, they would feel anxious, shy and depressed cause they knew they were ugly and knew people saw them as such? Their anxiety is not really irrational cause its true.

chris420

Labeling yourself a 'moron' or anything else isn't accurate, and doesn't help you at all...you speak of 'truth', well real truth is fleeting, and there is rarely ever such thing as an objective, concrete truth, what you feel is coming from you, no-one else. Everyone will have their own subjective viewpoint.

You say that depression/anxiety is logical if you are deficient in some way. It isn't.

It's perfectly possible to have the lowest intelligence imaginable, in every sense, and be very happy, if you accept what you are and make the most out of it. Someone with a horrible disfigurement can't change, they have to make the most they can out of life and accept their disfigurement...If you have real mental/physical deficiencies (which are probably not real but perceived, however real they feel to you), there's no reason why you can't be at peace with them, and make the most of what you got. Feeling anxious/depressed is not logical in any case...you're thinking inside a small box, and if you could just see the view from outside of it you'd realize that.

Sketchy, seriously you should take a look at CBT. Gillian Butler's book is good