Social anxiety and weight (low self worth)

voodoochild16

Has anyone here put off their losing weight goals for too long?. For 9 years, I have been overweight and it has made me feel so low of myself that I just dont feel like being social at all. Nothing has been able to change my mind of this, and no therapists know wtf I'm talking about.

But any ways, just recently I've been able to put the time aside to dedicate my life to actually losing weight, but it is going to be really hard to achieve. Anyone else voice their opinions here...

my brother recently gave me a book about exercising and getting in shape. You are your own gym - The bible of bodyweight exercises for men and women. hope this helps you

Hoppy

I've been overweight/obese for most of my life. Definately obese for the past 15 years.

I started putting in some effort beginning of March last year, and have lost 40kg/88lbs in the past 15 months.

It is hard. You have to think about what you eat every single day, and a single day of excess can put you back weeks.

The recommended rate of weight loss is a pound a week, and any headline that says "I lost 40 pound in 2 months" is crap. It is possible to lose that much, but it is not sustainable.

And 80% of weight-loss is diet.

You diet for weight-loss, and you exercise for health. And in this case I include mental health, the one thing that is extremely important to help you stick to your goals.

The exact formula to look and feel amazing

I've been obsessively reading on weight-loss and exercise for the past year, so if you need any advice or links I can supply them to you.

Last edited:

voodoochild16

my brother recently gave me a book about exercising and getting in shape. You are your own gym - The bible of bodyweight exercises for men and women. hope this helps you

Alright I will look into that, thanks mang!.

I went from dangerously overweight to chubby in a year. I don't know how to help with that :c

Sorry to hear that Hellhound. Hope from what is soon to come in this thread or other future threats on weight loss will give you some insight, it's never easy my friend.

I've been overweight/obese for most of my life. Definately obese for the past 15 years.

I started putting in some effort beginning of March last year, and have lost 40kg/88lbs in the past 15 months.

It is hard. You have to think about what you eat every single day, and a single day of excess can put you back weeks.

The recommended rate of weight loss is a pound a week, and any headline that says "I lost 40 pound in 2 months" is crap. It is possible to lose that much, but it is not sustainable.

And 80% of weight-loss is diet.

You diet for weight-loss, and you exercise for health. And in this case I include mental health, the one thing that is extremely important to help you stick to your goals.

The exact formula to look and feel amazing

I've been obsessively reading on weight-loss and exercise for the past year, so if you need any advice or links I can supply them to you.

Great to know Hoppy!, thanks for all the info. For the past 9 years I have been slightly obese and I have always known that losing weight would fix it to a degree that is satisfiable. This video says it all basically. Any ways, I guess I can say that my personal belief is that changing your thinking habits can help you control what you eat, instead of sticking with an existing addiction to food and forcing yourself not to eat. So what I'm doing about hat is listening to a CBT audio series called "The Beck Diet" which you can get for cheap off Amazon.

But it seems that no therapists know or understand how obesity affects someone with social anxiety and no matter what, losing weight is the only option to get rid of it.

So I guess I can say that the only thing I will be doing is losing weight and I am currently at 209, with a goal of 160ish. I was 170 lbs for awhile but with a job that involves handling food it's hard to stay away from the stuff.

But I look at it as a challenge so that I can better restrain myself from food in the future.

I will check out your link and thanks for mentioning it!.

Another thing that works for me is this guy, he's a motivational speaker, since weight loss is 100% a personal decision.

Any ways, I hope more people step in to this thread and share their stories, thanks for sharing yours Hoppy!.