So what do you do for fun?

sketchy24

I'm insanely bored. I admit I'm a bit addicted to the computer. I get quite depressed easily if I'm unable to get on cause I have nothing else to do on weekends. And I don't really do much on it, just cycle through the same old crap hoping for an interesting something to come up or I dunno. During the week I have a full time job but its gets quite stressful. Plus it sucks seeing people who just start already farther a head than you socially when you've been there almost two years already.

But I really need something to do. And I don't mean like drawing or painting or listening to music or something. That gets boring quick. I have absolutely zero real friends (I have acquaintances at work I'm comfortable around but wouldn't really consider them friends and I don't see them outside of work anyway)

I need something fun and exciting. I'm soo bored. I'm always bored. What do you do to get a thrill while being alone?

Len

It's weird with us social phobia people. We say we like to be alone but then get totally bored when we are.

Top 10 things to do when alone:

1) Go for a walk
2) Internet
3) Go to the library
4) Read
5) Write lists of stuff I intend to do but don't
6) Cook
7) Watch a DVD
8) Have a bath/shower
9) Think
10) Gardening

Nabu

I like to travel over the weekend.
You should consider a hobby or a long term goal (e.g pilot's licence..)

Nabu

Outshined

Just playing guitar or listening to music, usually. Maybe not as much during the semesters with college and all, but SA can leave you with some extra free time. I have a pretty chill group of friends I try to hang out with when we're not all working. And I gotta agree with Angel of Death, getting lit and taking a drive with some good music can really pass the time. lol :mrgreen:

vitalis

I love to learn languages or history in my free time, and besides I find it really fun, it helps improve my knowledge.

Barnum

Why not do something with your aquaintances from work? You might get some new friends...

Richey

eat nutella
my guitar
masturbation......
cooking tasty meals, pasta, stir fry
watch BBC comedies ..big train, black adder, black books, mighty boosh, catherine tate, big train, alan partridge, dead ringers
listening to BBC Uk radio 1 and 6, both are brilliant stations
exercise, walk, run, basketball practice, lift weights ..
reading, all the time
photography
walking through the city with iPod
skateboarding
drawing, airbrushing
llistening to music
printing t-shirt art on silkscreens and designing logos for shirts ..
films
youtube
programming
drums, not great at it though
music festivals, the smell, the vibe, the atmosphere, the bands, the sunscreen, the hats, the people, you can't beat it
learning architecture
reading up on historical facts

Barnum

The main reason I don't get to do all the things I want to do in my free time, is that I don't have the right friends. I have some fairly unusual interests that don't match those of my friends.

I think a lot of SA people feel they need more friends who share their interests, but have great difficulties finding new friends. This is probably why we get bored so much - doing stuff with our pre-chosen friends only get us that far.

ktea

Do you have any pets? I like to play with my cat when I get really lonely. he's so crazy and fun to mess with. :D

Richey

my neighbours cat follows me around when i walk outside, they are the funniest things, just the way they move and haha i used to like dogs more but this cat has changed my view on that, i think i'll get me a cat this year ..not sure what breed, oh wells

I don't do anything for fun, and I really need a hobby because I am boring myself to insanity. I basically just sit sround and wait for the day to be over.

Shinigami

A lot of the time im helping around the farm, it can sometimes be a drag but chasing after some lost cattle on a quad bike isnt too boring but can get stressful.
-moving cattle with the dogs
-moving electric fences
-feeding all the animals
-cleaning after all the animals( not so good)

Besides that movies, internet, computer games, shooting, cycling and learning to cook.

sketchy24

I was looking at some hobbies website and I think I just need to get into something a little more extreme to be able to have fun by myself. Playing with cats, drawing, tv... those are just stuff to do cause you're so bored but I'd rather be doing something with people. Or doing something extremely fun/exciting.... like I never thought of something like Skydiving as an actual hobby till I saw it listed and all. All you'd need to do is take a few classes before you can become an A class certified skydiver (k.. well... alot of classes). Now something like that would be insane!! I've always wanted to skydive. Ya its expensive but it would be worth it :D

Or even getting into something like Motocross or something. Not something I really thought about as a hobby at first but not that hard to get into either and something again I'd be extremely interested in for a change...

Plus something like that may open way to friends more easily than something like... watching TV <.<

recluse

Playing guitar
Driving
eating
sleeping
watching tv and dvds
internet
shooting my air rifle
some excercise....Fun???? More like a chore!