So Frustrated

Kinda pissed off right now. Anyway, I was just out looking for work, and I went to a super market and went to costumer service desk. Their was this fairly hot girl who was around my age working behind the counter, whom I told that I was looking for work. She told me to apply online, and said she would take down my name and # for the boss. Instead of smartly saying I would give her my name and # in exchange for her name and #, I just wrote down my name and # and left. :mad: I was in a mood where I felt like I could do anything, and now that deflated me. Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anybody has any way to break past this nervous barrier and just freely speak? Or do I just have to man up and talk?

Newtype

I don't think it's a matter of "manning up". You're not less of a man because you can't speak freely around women. I can't give you any advice, unfortunately, as I would've probably done the same thing as you.

Emily_G

As a woman, I'm glad you didn't. How awkward would it have been for both of you if she was like "ha, um, no that's okay, I'll just take yours for my boss". Then especially awkward if you started to work there....

Newtype

As a woman, I'm glad you didn't. How awkward would it have been for both of you if she was like "ha, um, no that's okay, I'll just take yours for my boss". Then especially awkward if you started to work there....

Emily has a point. What if she rejects you? When you leave, maybe she'll throw your name and phone number in the garbage just so she doesn't have to work with you.

** cues dramatic movie scene music **

True, but who knows how she will react (though I am not expecting her to actually give me her #, it is just one of those things where u make an attempt for the sake of making at attempt). If she rejected me, or said she was seeing somebody, I would just laugh it off and say "just kidding" or something of that sort. I am not expect them to hire my anyway, I've been to literally every super market and pharmacy in the area and have yet to get any answer.

agoraphobickatie

well for one, i think most men (SA or not) would have done exactly what you did.. which was just think about doing it and then not. so you shouldn't put yourself down!

and emily is right.. she could have been put off by it anyway and just shrugged you off and made you feel worse. it could go either way.. i would say it's only safe to try a cute flirty comment like that when you feel for sure that she's into you in some way, as well.. you have to be good at feeling out other people.. when i worked at a car dealership, things happened like that to me all the time.. i worked at the front desk and men would hit on me and i would just snub them because i wasn't interested... however, this one super cute guy around my age came in one day and told the salesman in front of me "i'll buy any car if you can get me a date with her!" and i just smiled and winked and acted cute or whatever, haha... so like i said, it could go either way, it all depends what the girl's first impression of you was...

::shrug:: opportunities come and go, bud.. don't put yourself down at all!

Newtype

... however, this one super cute guy around my age came in one day and told the salesman in front of me "i'll buy any car if you can get me a date with her!" and i just smiled and winked and acted cute or whatever, haha...

Wow, that guy is a master!!! I need to get in contact with him! LOL, I feel like George Costanza right now :D

well for one, i think most men (SA or not) would have done exactly what you did.. which was just think about doing it and then not. so you shouldn't put yourself down!

and emily is right.. she could have been put off by it anyway and just shrugged you off and made you feel worse. it could go either way.. i would say it's only safe to try a cute flirty comment like that when you feel for sure that she's into you in some way, as well.. you have to be good at feeling out other people.. when i worked at a car dealership, things happened like that to me all the time.. i worked at the front desk and men would hit on me and i would just snub them because i wasn't interested... however, this one super cute guy around my age came in one day and told the salesman in front of me "i'll buy any car if you can get me a date with her!" and i just smiled and winked and acted cute or whatever, haha... so like i said, it could go either way, it all depends what the girl's first impression of you was...

::shrug:: opportunities come and go, bud.. don't put yourself down at all!

K ::eek:: I calmed down and I feel better about it. Better opportunities will come, so no big deal. I like your story too haha i'll buy any car if you can get me a date with her. Gotta try that out some day :)

Tiercel

LOL, I feel like George Costanza right now :D

'Tis better to feel like him than to actually be him. I'm bald, pudgy, unemployed, wear glasses, and live with my parents. But I don't have any friends like Kramer....

Then again, none of that ever stopped George from trying his luck with the ladies.

;)

Newtype

'Tis better to feel like him than to actually be him. I'm bald, pudgy, unemployed, wear glasses, and live with my parents. But I don't have any friends like Kramer....

Then again, none of that ever stopped George from trying his luck with the ladies.

;)

George always has great ideas imo. Like the opposite thing. "If everything I've done in my life was wrong, then doing the opposite of everything I've ever done must be right!". LOL, maybe I should try that :D It worked for him, almost.