skin deep or thought deep ?

Bo592

where do you think your anxiety is thought deep or skin deep ?

thought deep
mean that it has something to do with the way you are thinking. You have a pacific reason to why you have anxiety. you been bullied in the past or fail to understand something.

skin deep
It has to do with the chemicals in your body. It does matter what you realize or how good of advice you got your body will still tell you that you are in a threating situation even when you are not. No matter what you tell yourself that you have nothing to worry about it all just in your head. your body just did not get the memo. So despite what you told your self body just want to follow the same message that's is used to which is to panic.

Bo592

for me I would say mine is skin deep. I feel I tried many thing that sound good on paper. But did not work for me in the end as a result of my body just being used to my anxiety. No matter what piece of advice I get I still need to take the time to try and adjust to it. which don`t work out because people these days get easily frustrated.

I was curious about this question because I feel like the world of people are getting more and more impatience these days. Nobody get the space they need to work out there problems.:question::question:

Hot_Tamale

Yea many things sound good on paper but don't work in real life, the real world is too unpredictable.

I say everyone is different because someone might have anxiety due to their body acting weird while others just have bad thinking patterns that make them anxious. I say it's all in my head, but that's just the case for myself. I scare myself and make myself anxious before big tests, etc thinking about all of what can possibly go wrong. I've been that way for years and years. Because of this I believe many people's anxiety is a learned behavior.

kuurt

I've been shy and had social anxiety every since I can remember even in preschool (yes I remember). I would pee my pants because I was too shy to ask to go to the bathroom. I'm not sure what made me this way, if it had something to do with how I was raised or what. I've even wondered if something could have happen to me in a past life to make me this way. I don't really know, but I'd like to think I can turn it around some how. I'm currently trying affirmations to see if I can reprogram my subconscious mind. I don't know if it will work, but affirmations seem to work for a lot people. It's worth a try.

cappatown420

Def thought deep. I was always shy, especially in school. I refused to go to pre-school unless my father came with me and stayed. Probably was scared because I had never been around other kids before.

When the anxiety started to become a problem was in middle school when I would get bullied everyday. I had been bullied before, but not as severe and not every single time the bullies would see me.

That's when the agoraphobia began, I stopped going to public places (would wait in the car while my mother shopped), and avoided certain places in school where I knew the bullies/bullies friends were.

Ads7800

I'd say it's thought deep.

It's unusual, but if I'm thinking that I can trust someone then there is little or no anxiety, because my thoughts are saying "this person won't judge me and I feel comfortable with them."

But, if I get any off putting feeling that someone will judge me or I can't trust them, then anxiety comes on strong and I behave in my "anxiety manner" as I call it. It's usually noticeable and causes awkwardness between me and the other person. It seems like a vicious circle actually.

Good thing is those moments of thinking I can't trust someone leading to full blown anxiety happens less these days.

The main culprit for me, has always been passing teenagers, esp groups. There's just sth about them that makes me fearful; it could be their extreme emotionality/reactivity to the absolute slightest of poor/anxious body language on my part - i tend to judge them as "trouble" & likely to insult me, on the majority of occasions. So they (with their EXTRA-FINE "radars") pick up my fear/mistrust of them, and they react to that, thereby making them have the urge to ridicule/humiliate me (to get back at me for viewing them as untrustworthy/etc). It's a vicious cycle. It's best not to judge/fear them in the first place, which can be hard if they're overtly aggressive/loud/etc. I find it mainly boys who i react to, as they seem more "pr1ckly" & judgemental/shallow than girls (who are more "emotionally mature"). But as i've gotten older, i've gotten better at avoiding these conflicts. I think i think better nowadays.

Last edited: