Shoes that are Plantar Hyperhidrosis Friendly

HeartSole

I have suffered with Plantar Hyperhidrosis for about 20 years, it is fair to say it has been the bane of my existence. On a daily basis it causes me embarrassment, anxiety and depression and prevents me from living my life to the fullest.

When I go shopping for clothing and shoes I can't just buy the latest and greatest, I have to buy strategically based on the material and colour used. I have found the clothing aspect I can get around, but the shoes have proved very difficult. A lot of trendy shoes, high heels and sandals, are manufactured with a non-fabric slick insole like leather or shiny synthetics which just make my sweaty feet slip and slide and fall out, making it difficult for me to walk properly.

After years of unsuccessfully hunting down trendy shoes with a material or suede insole I have finally decided to just do it myself. I no longer want Plantar Hyperhidrosis to rule my emotions and effect the decisions I make. Therefore, I have manufactured a ladies sandal that has a 100% cotton insole and a leather upper. To date I have only sold these shoes to friends and family, I wanted them to rate the shoes before I offered them to the public. Much to my relief they love them. One friend who regularly suffers from corns on her feet found these shoes to be the only ones she could wear for an extended period of time without her feet hurting. So that was an added bonus.

As for me, I just love them! Even when my feet are at their worst, they stay inside the sandal and I'm able to continue walking properly which for me makes me feel like I'm not bringing attention to my shoes/feet. I know these shoes don't offer a cure, but they have certainly given me my confidence back.

After wearing these shoes to allow them to dry properly, I leave them in a well ventilated place out of direct sunlight. I have been wearing these shoes for nearly 6 months and much to my delight they still don’t smell, which is the beauty of using a breathable fabric like 100% cotton. When they get a little dirty, I just dampen a cloth and wipe it away.

At this time I have manufactured only one design (three colours). I do hope to offer more designs in the near future but firstly I have to establish if there is a market for them. If you are interested in these shoes please email me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.