Serious panic attack (help now)

A friend

Hey guys, been a while since I last posted, but....

Well, just a few hours ago, I had a small arguement with someone...I stressed out, yelled, all that...and then I panicked in fear of reverting back to a child-like state of mentality (fear of losing all the maturity I gained that took a LONG time to obtain).

Basically, I'm kinda going insane because I think I might not be able to regain that maturity, and not only that, but it could affect the stories that I'm writing.

Despite looking at websites that tell people how to be mature individuals, I'm afraid that I'm going to become a little kid in a 20 year old's body.

I want to prevent reverting back to an earlier mentality, is it possible?

vancouver24

Banned
hmm, maybe just try to forget about it..because we all have times like this...we are not perfect.. so what.. you got stressed out? big deal..move on.. dont do this to yourself, no body is worth it so all you can do is forget about it... just have other things in your mind.. i know its easier said then done ..sorry i wish i could make u feel better but i got problems myself eheheheheheh

cmena11

I'm not sure I understand what you're so worried about. No one expects a 20 year-old to be that mature anyway. Is there some specific behavior you're afraid of? I hope it's not the argument, because everyone gets angry.

I'm no expert, but I see no reason why you.. or anyone... would just suddenly lose maturity. Even the most mature of people have their immature moments.

I'm 22, and I'm mature when I need to be, and childish when I don't. You don't need to live up to anything. Just... stop sweating it. Have a drink. Chill.

A friend

Immaturity has caused bad problems in the past for relationships between me and certain people in my family.

My brain configuration can cause spouts of reverting back to a previous mentaility. It could possibly be parts of having aspberger's symdrome.

mikebird

Banned
Immaturity is not yet something I've worried about much. You do remind me of the kind of tantrums I used to have, when I was little, growing up with parents. I'd get pissed of when I didn't understand something - a fall-out due to a social lacking...

One other issue I've had was when spending my teenager years developing social skills and got to the all-time height of my social capability... I didn't quite see the reason behind it all, but I really enjoyed smoking weed and also acid, etc. That was a lot of fun! Later, after discovering that, I starting drinking a lot, too. Magic times! Recalling amazing experiences with acid, I think this gives you a chance to recess into a childlike state - playing with friends, unwrapping a new type of sociability, playing in the woods, laughing, etc! It reminded me of the novel Wind in the Willows. Anyone relate to that?

I was lucky in just the last month or so, when I found a book in a store, thinking about music, and saw a book about Syd Barrett from Pink Floyd - 'A Very Irregular Head'. I decided to read that, and it was well worth every single page. It got me thinking about it him in terms of acid - the rumours - and his recluse years, which I've had that time, obviously - hoping I can pull myself out of it.

The book has a quote from every chapter in Wind in the Willows! When I drifted back to what the classic novel meant to me. Everything about music with poetry, children's stories and ideas. I'm pretty sure I came to this site because of reading that book.

The mind does strange things to people, and I love it

mikebird

Banned
Now you got me thinking about aspberger's syndrome.

Does SA/SP have anything to do with that? Something akin to autism? Making a person 'quiet' - at least the basics.

Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Communication, linguistic, repetitive and cognitive failure? I've suffered mental problems due to epilepsy. I don't know if it's all in my hardware, or if I've made any changes to my software. I've needed months of rehab after fits. I've had times when I'm completely unable to dress myself, feed myself, and would have died without breathing tubes put down my throat to keep me breathing.

I wonder if it was all to do my years of enjoying acid, and all the rest, or because of just some bad luck. I wish I knew the reason for sure

toshtao

I think I know what you are going through. Lately, I have gone mad over the littlest of things. For example, lawnmowers outside drive me nuts, and cause me to have a tantrum. I do hate noise after all.

You must do things that make you happy, that is the best cure. You are just frustrated and nervous, and need a break from the problems plaguing your life.