Sensitive to peoples behaviour around me

recluse

I've been working in the shop as security now for 3 weeks and already i am convinced that one woman who works there dislikes me. Today for instance i noticed that she is kind of bossing me around (telling me to keep watch on these girls which i was already doing) even though she is not a manager or supervisor, and i could tell she was getting annoyed with me just because i went to her counter twice to get something.

Maybe i'm over reacting to all of this but i am sensitive and pick up on the facial expressions, tone of voice etc that people use with me, and i often doubt the person's sincerity when they smile at me. On the whole i find most of the ladies working there to be pleasant and sincere but this one woman i have my doubts.

Sorry just had to vent::p:

Luke1993

She's just a slag who's having trouble with her own life and taking it out on you. but seriously lol don't always assume it's you that's the problem!

Last edited:

dmdmm

Maybe she is like me... I tend to do that to new people at work because I don't have anything to talk to them about. I don't know them enough to even consider trying to joke with them.

I just want to get the job done with the least amount of problems. I can come off as overbearing and rude. I've been told that many times. I don't mean to be though.

Or maybe she is just mean... On the whole though, I highly doubt it is you that is the problem.

Yeah, usually these kinds of people have other un-work related problems.
If you are bold enough just ask her straight out. "Do you have a problem with me,
or a problem with yourself?"

Harleyq

Maybe she is like me... I tend to do that to new people at work because I don't have anything to talk to them about. I don't know them enough to even consider trying to joke with them.

I just want to get the job done with the least amount of problems. I can come off as overbearing and rude. I've been told that many times. I don't mean to be though.

Or maybe she is just mean... On the whole though, I highly doubt it is you that is the problem.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm extra nice to new people cause I HATE being the newbie. You don't know anyone, you're nervous, and you're bound to make a bunch of f-ckups. I like to think I help new people adjust and feel comfortable - it's nicer to be able to operate knowing someone's there if you need anything for the first few weeks than to fly solo and be met with harsh orders/stares when you're already nerve-wrecked. I know that's what training's for but still - it always takes longer than that to adjust.

Recluse:
Who knows what that girl's problem is. She might just be displacing anger for someone else onto you. I don't think you should worry yourself over it, if you can help it. She's the one who needs to deal with her attitude, not you.

mndigi

recluse,
Don't bother. People might hate on you for any number of reason, the way you look, or they feel threatened maybe. Basically I have come to believe that people are selfish. So if they are so bothered about themselves, so should you, and do your work. Of course you shouldn't emulate them and trample on others to survive.

Johnnie

It seems to me that people with SA are overly sensitive, me included. Why is that? And how, at least for me, do I overcome this sensitivity.

recluse

Thanks for your support guys. I try to show that i don't care what people think of me. On Saturday i wanted to get some sellotape which was under her counter on a dispenser. I went there again to get another piece about 15 minutes later and she was serving a customer at the time and she just blurted out ''JUST TAKE THE SELLOTAPE WITH YOU!'' she had a smile on her face but it was more of an annoyed look and i noticed that she sort of made a frowned expression....Kind of a ''this asshole is going on my nerves!'' type of face to the customer. I felt kind of humiliated in front of the customer.

I don't know maybe i am too sensitive to things like this.