• Yes, on and off-line. Frequently.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I play on-line mostly.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Yup, but with a real board and tiles.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Every once and a while, not often.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Scrabble? Is that like a type of dance?

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Um, Scrabble is a proper noun, not a verb. So no, I don't "scrabble."

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
So I've noticed quite a few people on here play scrabble and thought I'd make a thread about. So do you play? If you play online, where? I play on Lexulous, and I don't think there's a way to add friends unless you're on at the same time but if you see someone with the username vj288 it's me ;).

And what's your strategy when you play? I play a lot of overlapping 2 and 3 letter words because while I have the vocabulary of a 4th grader I've memorized most of the short words and use that to my advantage. Also I look at endings a lot, e.g. ing, ers, ies, to go for a bingo. :D

Phoenixx

I play on Lexulous too. I've just been getting back into Scrabble, I love it. I don't know why I abandoned that game in the first place, shame on me. :rolleyes:

Usually my strategy is to play the longest words possible, given the correct letters that is. If I have nothing but crap, well, I just resort to 2 - 3 letter words. Very rarely do I go with endings, but only if I'm in a pinch. ;)

Anyway, my s/n on there in phoenixxxxx (Yeah, I got enough x's. :D 'phoenixx' apparently was already taken). So, if you can, go ahead and add me if you want.

P.S. - Pebbles reminded me. Thank you to psychedilicious for introducing me to that site. :)

I also play on Lexulous (also thanks to psyche), username AllKnowingSquid. I have no particular strategy, but I do know a whole lot of words.

Aussie_Lad

I played with my mum when I visited her, but then we discovered Upwords which we tend to play more now.

WeirdyMcGee

ohhhhhhhhhhh!
I played scrabble very often as a kid- as a tool for dealing with dyslexia back before it was manageable.
Don't play so much any more... although I probably should because I often have no idea what in the hell I'm looking at when I glance at some writing.

coyote

i played Scrabble alot growing up - tiles and a board, of course

i've never played online

i've recently discovered Bananagrams - you should check that out - very fun