School memories

April72

Hi, there!
I'm a new user in the AvPD subforum, but I'm also a Preschool and Primary teacher who is doing some research and putting into practise a new approach to set up the right enviroment for Ls to feel confident, motivated and psychological well-being.

So, it would be very helpfull for me if you take a little time and tell me a little about your experiences in school. How were your relation with your teachers and peers.

How they treated you. If you had a possitive experience with a teacher or on the contrary, you never forget some thing a teacher did in relation to you.

I'm not very prone to ask questions, I'd rather you express yourself whatever about the topic.

Thank you in advance!

dannyboy65

When I was in high school I was bullied all the time. Eventually I tried to kill myself and was sent to the hospital. My favorite teacher who had many similar interests visited me and gave me 3 comic books. It made me incredibly happy to have that man as a teacher. My advice to you is try and show interest in your student's lives and show them you care and you will be a favorite teacher.

April72

Dannyboy, I'm sorry you had to go through this.
Thank you for sharing.
Did you talk to this teacher or another teacher about the bulling thing before?

It's very sad. In my country, I heard about some kids who commited suicide because they were being bullied and they didn't find another way out.

I follow and I will follow your advise. In my opinión, children are the most important a society has.