Schizophrenia in class today

dannyboy65

Well I was doing schizophrenia in class today. It was so hard to see them talk about it and try to understand. I've been diagnosed when I was 17 and I was so scared to talk about it. I wanted to tell them what it's like but I just can't I don't want to be crazy to them. Then they shown a video what it's like to hear voices and it was almost exactly like what goes on in my head. They scream at me and tell me terrible things. I take a lot of pills just to function everyday. Talking about it just makes me so nervous cause I want to admit I have it but I can't, I just can't. I feel like I'm judged by everyone and if I tell them they would be angry at me. I don't tell anything what they say, not even my doctor. It's just always been bottled up and when they discussed it in class I felt like they were trying to get in my head.

So many of my classmates said they would go insane or that they couldn't imagine living with it. Yet none of them know I have it, some of them give me crap and don't understand how hard it is to have schizophrenia. I come off as a normal person but it's so hard to control everything. I feel so pathetic that I have this illness....

conficoach

You are a normal person; just because you were diagnosed does not make you different from every other person.
I think you need to relax and find someone who you can express yourself to freely to lift the weight off your chest. Talking to someone takes half the weight off.