Scariest story/movie/picture you've seen?

fishface19

Not sure if this thread exists, but I recently started reading some creepypastas and lurking on r/nosleep and found some really interesting (and scary stuff) :D

Here's a Korean web comic I read recently, freaked me out a bit:
naver webcomic
(you may want to turn down your volume)
So what's the scariest thing you've read/watched/seen? :)

Last edited:

MikeyC

A recent movie that came out called Insidious scared me a few times. It kept me right on the edge of my seat. One of the scariest movies I've watched in a long time.

chibiXphantom

Not sure if this thread exists, but I recently started reading some creepypastas and lurking on r/nosleep and found some really interesting (and scary stuff) :D

Here's a Korean web comic I read recently, freaked me out a bit:
naver webcomic
(you may want to turn down your volume)
So what's the scariest thing you've read/watched/seen? :)

=O i love that comic!!

the scariest pic ever has to be the elegy of emptiness statue. that thing is creepy! i love the Haunted Majora's mask creepypasta
tumblr_m0dwmpZANn1r91fajo1_500.png

chibiXphantom

also, the SCP containment breech game is one of the scariest games ever. seriously.
its a free download, just an alpha version. but awesome.
and i dont get scared easily

look it up on youtube

lyricalliaisons

I really don't know about scariest, but most of the Paranormal Activity movies scared me very badly (the second time around lol) and a movie called "The People Under the Stairs" disturbed me greatly as a child.

GhastlyCC

Horror movies don't really scare me any more these days.I'm actually a really big fan of the genre.

But Paranormal activity is the last one that really got me.
Especially what happens to the girl at the end...
I'm not sure why...but that type of movie scares me more than the standard type of horror movie.
"Found footage"
The Blair witch project and the first Paranormal activity are probably at the top of my scariest movie list for that exact reason.

Freddy Krueger was the scariest thing ever to me as a kid.
Because id watch other Horror/Slasher movies.
But be able to talk myself out of being to scared.
Jason? Don't plan on going to camp crystal lake anytime soon.
Leatherface? He's in Texas
Leprechaun? Don't mess with his gold
Chucky? He's a ****ing doll. ::p:

But Freddy....He get's you in your sleep.
No matter where you are.
And you can't run away from sleep forever.
A recent movie that came out called Insidious scared me a few times. It kept me right on the edge of my seat. One of the scariest movies I've watched in a long time.
HA!
That movie's alright.
Not much of it scared me(Especially not "Him"(I'll assume you know who I'm talking about.lol)
But..
*Spoiler I guess*
The old lady that appears in the mirror...
The one that's been following the father around his whole life?
Always standing near him and being caught in photographs and such.
She creeped the living **** out of me for some reason.lol ::p:

MikeyC

But Paranormal activity is the last one that really got me.
Especially what happens to the girl at the end...
I'm not sure why...but that type of movie scares me more than the standard type of horror movie.
"Found footage"
The Blair witch project and the first Paranormal activity are probably at the top of my scariest movie list for that exact reason.
I hated The Blair Witch Project, but Paranormal Activity was certainly a lot better. The first one was good, albeit a bit slow. The following two improved on the series. I hope there's a 4th one!

HA!
That movie's alright.
Not much of it scared me(Especially not "Him"(I'll assume you know who I'm talking about.lol)
But..
*Spoiler I guess*
The old lady that appears in the mirror...
The one that's been following the father around his whole life?
Always standing near him and being caught in photographs and such.
She creeped the living **** out of me for some reason.lol ::p:
I remember the old lady, yeah. They were some insane photographs. I want to watch the movie again, actually. :)

Invisibleman

Im a wimp when it comes to horror things, the only horror movie ive ever seen was Amityville horror and ive never seen one again

MsBuzzkillington

I hated Paranormal Activity! I was so bored I wanted to poke my eyes out. The second one was much worse.

I don't really get that scared by movies, but when I was younger the movie IT terrified me. I am too scared to watch it again to see if it is really that scary or not.

Nathália

Movies/false stories are not really scary to me unless they are about serial killers. There are a few, but not many. The movie Silence of the Lambs is one of the better executed movies also the movie Hardy Candy was too.

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People in the world like this guy is what scares me, more than anything. There is a lot of uncharted land in America and places where people would never think of going because it's so deep in the wilderness. The reality of people like Texas Chainsaw/Jeffery Dahmer freak me out.

lyricalliaisons

I hated Paranormal Activity! I was so bored I wanted to poke my eyes out. The second one was much worse.

That's how I felt the first time I saw the first one LOL! But then I watched them all again, in sequential order, and found them to be terrifying. The first was still not very good or scary though.

Invisibleman

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People in the world like this guy is what scares me, more than anything. There is a lot of uncharted land in America and places where people would never think of going because it's so deep in the wilderness. The reality of people like Texas Chainsaw/Jeffery Dahmer freak me out.

Oh yes I completely agree, I get really freaked out by serial killers. My worst fear is driving and breaking down and having to go knock at a house thats like 10 minutes into the woods. Its especially freaky since I know 2 women who had that exact situation happen to them and the house they knocked at was of Clifford Olsen, one of Canada's most notorious serial killers. They managed to get away but ever since I heard that it sends me into a cold sweat.

Darkness_'82

I LOVE Asian horror movies. Here's some of the SCARIEST I've seen:

The Cat - The Cat (2011) - IMDb
Alone - Alone (2007) - IMDb
Macabre - Macabre (2009) - IMDb
Creepy Hide and Seek - Hitori kakurenbo: Gekijô-ban (2009) - IMDb
Kairo (Pulse) - Pulse (2001) - IMDb
Dark Water - Dark Water (2002) - IMDb
A Tale of Two Sisters - A Tale of Two Sisters (2003) - IMDb
Coming Soon - Coming Soon (2008) - IMDb
Noroi: The Curse - Noroi: The Curse (2005) - IMDb
Feng shui - Feng shui (2004) - IMDb
The Maid - The Maid (2005) - IMDb
Loft - Loft (2005) - IMDb
One Missed Call - One Missed Call (2003) - IMDb

Now if you're looking for a good and scary Asian horror, those should be your first stop. Just don't blame me if you have nightmares.

Roman Legion

In my MOS school we were shown a video as an example of why being thourough and checking people was important.. Was an unedited/ censored video of a guy blowing his head off with a M1911.. Detailed video too and very much real footage.. It has stayed with me to this day..