SA.. Do i Ignore it or Do i Show It?

phillipians413

First of all i really hope this will make sense but please only Serious answers from people who Actually Have Social Anxiety Disorder, please share your Experiences and Opinions on this one.

Ok i have this frigging disease, should i "Keep it secret", keep it to myself, dont tell anyone, and just repeat to myself that its only in my mind.

Or should i just accept it and when my face freeze and i cant talk to the cashiers because i "think" that everybody behind me are laughing of how stupid i look, should i just accept it and talk to the cashier with a shaky shitty voice and if he ask me if i am ok i tell him "Yes, I just have social anxiety, thank you have a nice day!"

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Ok i have this frigging disease, should i "Keep it secret", keep it to myself, dont tell anyone, and just repeat to myself that its only in my mind.

Or should i just accept it and when my face freeze and i cant talk to the cashiers because i "think" that everybody behind me are laughing of how stupid i look, should i just accept it and talk to the cashier with a shaky shitty voice and if he ask me if i am ok i tell him "Yes, I just have social anxiety, thank you have a nice day!"
Don't accept it. Work to change it. Have you sought professional help?

I would not recommend attempting to explain your behavior by saying you have social anxiety. Few people will know what that means, and even if you explain it to them they are unlikely to understand. That could well do more harm than good.

I think you should look for professional help, in my case I tried to just go for it and think I had nothing but never worked it was like thrown my self against a wall when i shoud just find a door to pass through it.
As fast as possible I'm looking for help too, good luck.

SmileMore

First of all i really hope this will make sense but please only Serious answers from people who Actually Have Social Anxiety Disorder, please share your Experiences and Opinions on this one.

I wouldn't go around telling people you have SA. Most people don't even know what it is. You don't have a disease either and it's insulting to other people who have it calling it that. The only way you're going to improve is by ignoring the negative thoughts as much as possible and getting some kind of therapy.

Kiwong

Embracing panic disorder was what helped me beat it.

Same thing doesn't seem to work with my anxiety. I think if I try to hard to fight it, it just makes it worse. I wish I could not worry about the way people react to it, but I am traumatised by some of the things that have happened to me.

Flanscho

I always try to do what seems to have the most positive impact on my future in the long run. I can't always do that, but the more often succeed the more my life will improve and the more I'll succeed in future.