Roommates

So I am currently in college, and I am rooming with what I considered a friend back in high school. Well of late I am becoming super frustrated with him. He makes all this noise, and when you tell him you are sleeping, he is like oh I thought you weren't here. And still half the time goes on to make noise. He gets the bathroom floor soaking wet when he is taking a shower. Acts all aggressive all the time. And though I have told him to keep it down alot etc, I haven't told him outright to stop, but that is something I don't do. I was looking for a new place, even a place on campus I could buy out the other roommate, but there is nothing. And it will cost me $800 to break the contract, which is more then I have. The question is what to do?

At the moment the school term is ending in 2 weeks, finals soon :( :(.
I haven't slept well the last 2 weeks, it is part way from when we went on thanksgiving break and I messed up my sleep schedule, and part way because when I am sleeping now he is making to much noise, and I get angry and can't sleep. I have missed to many classes of late, and that makes me feel worse. I am worry about the final tests, because I can't sit still more then 1 hour before I freak and have to get up, but I can't during test. And I am worry about next term.

In the end I am having a breakdown, I need advice.

Lorraine Manca

when i had a bad room mate, id get beyond sleep deprived too, id take two doses of that goody's painkiller stuff and slept on a couch in the basement of the dormitory among other places, maybe theres a free couch floating around your campus too?

lol there are, but I rather not, I would be afraid of someone messing with me. Plus taking stuff to help me sleep, doesn't work well. I forgot to had that he decided to have a friend stay over soon, then in hindsight asked me about it. I am planning on going home now to get away, but I am worried he will be a jackass and use my room even when I will tell him not to.

Lorraine Manca

lol there are, but I rather not, I would be afraid of someone messing with me. Plus taking stuff to help me sleep, doesn't work well. I forgot to had that he decided to have a friend stay over soon, then in hindsight asked me about it. I am planning on going home now to get away, but I am worried he will be a jackass and use my room even when I will tell him not to.

oh yeah, i feel for you. i hated it when i shared a room with someone and they had guests. i was a really shy freshman and i couldnt say no when my first room mate wanted her nasty boyfriend to stay the weekend. i went home to my folks to avoid it, but i kept imagining he might sleep in my bed and the idea made me sick. he was more animal than human, im pretty darn sure. its amazing what desperate girls will drag to bed with them. ugh! at least you have your own room, it sounds like.

I am getting out soon anyway. I confronted him today when he and another were being annoying again, slamming doors etc to try to wake me, and piss me off. When I did so, they laughed, so I told him this is the reason I am looking for a new roommate, it all went downhill from there. He yelled at me, calling me names, and saying all this crap, when I tried counter one, he got worse, so I closed the door and he threw the remote at the door, breaking it, then kick the door really hard. So I don't want to be here anymore, he can do his thing I will leave. And take all my stuff with me, which is quite a bit of stuff he has been using.

I am too, though I haven't been able to for sure get a new roommate, and I might have to forgo living in the apartments and going back to the dorms. Also I will most likely have to live with him for another week or so, and frankly I don't want to. I am not encouraged by the fact he seems to lose his temper fast, and the fact he seems quite immature at times, he drinks a lot too, which just means if he is drunk I am sure he will do something stupid. And of course the so called other friend I have seems to have taken his side, but that was foreseen since they have become drinking and class buddies.

Lorraine Manca

good luck finding a new housing situation. he sounds like a real charmer. i hope your week or so is uneventful! before you turn in your keys you ought to leave a parting gift for him, like a kind of food that rots in the very back of his drawer so it can fester there for a good long time. your probably more mature than i am though!

I know how you feel.

Me and my roommate are supposed to be having a fight right now, as in we're not talking to each other until one of us apologizes. Basically he acted like a jerk & showed no respect for my feelings & I'm not letting him get away with it. But he's managed to change his sleep schedule so that we're don't see each other for most of the day. And he'll go straight to bed when he comes back.