retrodermal curettage 2 days ago

brett87

i had retrodermal curettage done by dr rowland payne 2 days ago its a scraping and suction of the sweat glands its been 2 days. and i havnt had no sweat at all but he did say ill know if its work for definate in 4 months time im a bit bruised and sore but nothing more than what driclor does to you. hes a very nice man he also said it only works for 2/3 of people and if it doesnt work the first time theirs no point in having it done a second because it want work then either very pleased so far i got high hopes for this.

teandtoast

nice one on the thread...Im booked in with him in May
somebody who had spoken to him said he had said he hadnt had anyone it not work for yet... has it not worked for everyone he's done then if he said it only works for 2/3 people ?

how long did it take ? did u kind of sleep through it all ?
hope it goes well for you Im sure it will :)

brett87

when i spoke to his secretary she told me that they havnt had anyone it havnt worked for but when i seen him he said that only 2/3 of the people hes done its worked for once hes done the procedure he likes you to email him in 4 months to tell him if its worked or not. he also said that it want stop the swaeting completely but it will take it to the point where deodrant will do the trick he said you will still sweat if you go to the gym or doing somthing physical just as somone normaly would. he said to me say their was a room full of people and you was the 1 who sweated the most after this procedure you wont be. no they dont put you to sleep your awake but they put local anaesthetic under each arm so you dont feel nothing it is a bit uncomfortable with the noise it makes but the best thing to do is just shut your eyes and relax. the procedure its self took just over a hour good luck on yours hope it all goes well.

kingflab

Yeah. The statistics are somewhat confusing.

Payne says 2/3, his secratary says 100/100, and Pinnini (Sp?) states 95%...

All I want to do is sweat normally, I'll be much more happy with that. So heres hoping.

Im booked in for April.

brett87

good luck on yours in april its definately worth having done i havnt put any deodrant on since iv had it done. and my arms are completely dry i went out drinking last night and wore just a t-shirt which i havnt done in years and i was i was completely dry all night as normally i would have sweat patchs the size of plates keep me informed on how you get on.

causeeffect

Has anyone gotten the procedure done by Dr. Vine in NJ? Hes the closest dr to me that does it but I've never heard anything about him here or in other places.

kingflab

Hey Brett. Quick question...

How much did the whole thing cost? E.g for the operaton, the anesthetic, and the consultation?

brunettee

i also red somewhere that some people need this done every 4 months. Dr paynes secretary told me no ones been back to have it done again. Did you have a odar problem aswell brett or is it just the sweating. Ive been reading this operation doesnt help with odar.

I hope it works for me but my mum reckons it wont as ive already had the operation to remove the sweat glands and it came back after 2 and half years. This is my last hope nothing else has worked for me.

King flab its costing me £990 altogether

kingflab

I've had it done, it cost me £1085.

Payne told me that if you've had it done once, and it didn't work, it won't work the second time. It will always give you a couple of months worth of dryness - which is why some people choose to have it done regularly to enjoy that sensation - but after those 4 months you'll either start to sweat excessively again, or sweat normally. If it doesn't work, you'd be much better with botox rather than have retrodermal curettage all the time. Still, Brunette, the operation you had might have been different, so retrodermal curettage is still probably worth giving a go.

For me, at the moment, it's worked like a charm. I sweat normally now and I've not had a single sweat patch appear (aside from a tiny tiny tiny tinnnyy one that appeared after walking to and from the clinic... which takes about half an hour each way). I really do hope this lasts, it's such a relief. I suppose even if it doesn't there is always botox as a last resort.

Incidentally, Payne is a sound fellow. He gave me some information that basically related Hyperhidrosis and blushing to a blood dilation problem, which explains why people who sweat also tend to blush. Good luck to everybody having it done!

teandtoast

good to hear youve had yours done flab!
not to long till mine now luckily

I do find it worrying he says if it doesnt work after the 1st time it wont work the 2nd...the only reason it shouldnt work is because he hasnt got rid of all the glands so I dont see why a 2nd time of trying to rid of any remaining glands wouldnt work.

Why is it after 4 months aswell you start to notice how your sweating is ? I mean that time period ...its not like some glands will grow back after that time.

If this doesnt work botox is pretty rubbish I found ...better off with probanthine
really hope works anyways and keeps working for you guys
make sure ya keep us updated : )

brunettee

hiya king flab sorry its costing £1050. Ive tried botox and it was crap for me aswell it didnt help with the sweating that much.

Tea and toast did you find botox worked with the odar from what i remember it didnt help with the sweating i cant remember with odar. Whats probanthine aswell ive never heard of it.

brunettee

Also king flab what train station did you get off at thers 3 train stations there. Dont know which ones best

kingflab

good to hear youve had yours done flab!
not to long till mine now luckily

I do find it worrying he says if it doesnt work after the 1st time it wont work the 2nd...the only reason it shouldnt work is because he hasnt got rid of all the glands so I dont see why a 2nd time of trying to rid of any remaining glands wouldnt work.

Why is it after 4 months aswell you start to notice how your sweating is ? I mean that time period ...its not like some glands will grow back after that time.

If this doesnt work botox is pretty rubbish I found ...better off with probanthine
really hope works anyways and keeps working for you guys
make sure ya keep us updated : )

Well, he told me he's had quite a few people come back to have the op repeated, but it did no good. Apparently one woman has gone back a few times, just for the temporary sweat-free experience. He said 2 to 4 months, as thats when he usually asks patients to contact him and let him know how it went - I imagine you'll notice whether its worked after the first two months.

To be fair to him, he's been doing it for years and he apparently pioneered the technique, so I trust his advice more so than the copy and paste answers all over the internet.

teandtoast

yeh fair
that's the thing payne seems more experienced than anyone with it all which is nice to know so should do good job

J

jamieboy

Hello Brunette, do you have msn or facebook? I have had the exact same experiences as you have had. Tried the strong antipersperants, botox, and surgery, and my underarm sweat is still excessive. I wanted to chat to you in general about it and see what this other operation is your having done?

Jamie