Remembering/noticing details.

arsenalwa

so, I never remember details. like what other people wore for example. I'm not exaggerating but sometimes I may be with a friend for several hours and when I get home and I try to remember what was their clothes colors, I can't. I never notice in the first place.
and I don't mean sometimes actually, I mean every single time. I never pay attention to such things.

my phone was stolen once and I knew who was the guy who stole it. it was some dude who pretended to know me and then when I said I wasn't who he thought he pretended to ask me about where some place was and he stole it somehow. anyway, when someone later asked me if I remembered how he looked like, and I tried to, I found out I can't remember anything about him, at all. how he looked like, his hair, what he wore, absolutely nothing.

anyone else is like that?

Last edited:

SilverFire

Yup. For me, it's names. I can't remember names of people I've just met or talk to occasionally. I hate it.

arsenalwa

Yup. For me, it's names. I can't remember names of people I've just met or talk to occasionally. I hate it.

Yeah. that, too. I don't seem to pay attention or focus when the name is being said so I don't remember it later. As is the case with all other things I fail to remember later.

anxiety1408

Yeah i dont think i take in much when im about, im more worried about how i look/anxiety etc and i dont really take note much of the outside world, I cant recall any of it unless it was substantial, its like its just there but i never really pay attention to it, all i pay attention to is how i look and how people percieve me.

Tiercel

I have the opposite problem: I sometimes tend to remember stupid little things of no significance whatsoever. Like Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer, when he tells his buddy how Drew Barrymore took her jacket off at whatever street and said that it wasn't jacket weather anymore. Sometimes I remember things like that perfectly for no real reason, and it makes me feel rather odd. It makes me feel like I'm obsessing over or stalking someone when I'm probably just waiting until they all leave me alone.

Though it can come in handy when out looking for birds, I don't do too much active birding. So it just makes me slightly creepy, I guess.