Religious, scary stuff , seeing things now.

Brittney

I’m seeing things now that really aren’t there

Is this still OCD or am I finally loosing my mind or slipping into another disorder. Or is it just OCD making me think I’m going crazy and now have something worse than OCD (What I deem worse than OCD)
As far back as I can remember I’ve had OCD, light flicking as a child, fear of the dark (still have that at 36) fear of self harm or my children, fear of demons and other religious stuff.
That religious stuff is so bad.
In the last year, I keep thinking of driving my car off a cliff which is a change from driving into on coming traffic.

So the latest shit is when I wake up, I see this demon things in my bed room, I rub eyes try to wake, then worse am wide awake and I still see them. Then when I looked over at my partner I seen his face different scary like from a freaky movie. I laid there heart racing scared hooping I’m still asleep dreaming.. But I’m not cause I get up or wake my partner and I know I’m not asleep/
So what the heck is this? I’m so scared I’m so sick of fighting this dam thing all the time.
I cant walk from one room in the house to another without doing something, like stupid things.
An example I walk into the kitchen, I have to look under the kitchen cupboard (they are high up ones) then I stand there bobbing my head up and down looking under the cupboard x times till the pattern is just right.

Sorry raving here I’m just so desperate to talk to someone about this. I’m also really scared to read other people threads cause I’ll taken on their obsessions. You know like someone told me once about a guy that would drive over a bump in the road and panic he drove over someone, so guess who now has this? Yes me.

The constant religious stuff is driving me nuts, the thoughts just keep going around in my head. I don’t even know what I believe in anymore, is satan confusing me? Or is it OCD. I hear so much crap in my head, sometimes lucky not at the moment.

Anyone else have religious OCD stuff. I’m to scared to post the worse of it, it’s bad is that OCD as well the religious stuff?

Brittney

just wanted to add also my 4year old daughter has OCD now as well.
I'm really struggling with knowing what she has to deal with.
4years old is really young to have OCD

durda_dan

Brittney said:
just wanted to add also my 4year old daughter has OCD now as well.
I'm really struggling with knowing what she has to deal with.
4years old is really young to have OCD

i don't know if hallusinations are OCD, i never had them, But am new to OCD myself.
But as for your child
Are you sure she has OCD? Children lke to copy their parents, so if your child saw youdoing some of your Compulsions maybe she thinks she mst do them too?

What do you mean you are seeing things? What do they look like, and when do they go away? DO you see them during the day? Do you ever hear voices or music? Get back with me so I can try to help.

Neph

sometimes i see this white figure (not glowing) in the corner of my vision

it has a random height everytime i see it and it always moves around the corner near doorways,

its always watching me but i dont mind, its not hurting me so i dont really care

Brittney

Are you sure she has OCD? Children lke to copy their parents, so if your child saw youdoing some of your Compulsions maybe she thinks she mst do them too?
Just let me say I was worried you would post I cant stand you avatar pic :oops:
I’m just kidding but not really it makes me so uncomfortable.
Oh yes I’m sure we have gone through Pead OT’s (Occupational therapist) she found our daughter had many sensory processing problems as well as an extremely high IQ, she’s reading at a great 2 level (early chapter books) we’ve seen Mental health phycologist, I’m holding off Psychiatrist at this point because I dont want medication just yet. Our Pead said All the traits of Autism but no social difficulties, her Dx at the moment stands at OCD as well as PDD-NOS

Mostly I dotn show my family me obsessions cause I can finish patterns… in my mind so I dotn have to carry out say like flicking a light switch.

What do you mean you are seeing things? What do they look like, and when do they go away? DO you see them during the day? Do you ever hear voices or music? Get back with me so I can try to help.
Ok so one night I woke up and there were these like squishing things crawling all over the walls, I was praying ‘get out in the name of Jesus” and they just kept coming and were everywhere. And yes I was really awake! I ha stuff going on in my head like “when you stop turning to God this will all go way” I kept praying then said the loads prayer and then turned into 3 then (this is going to sound nuts, I understand it‘s just crazy…) headed towards me and disappeared. I got up went and had a shower, this is when I knew 100% I was awake. Then my head was going nuts I just wanted the noise to stop, ya know. Lots of religious stuff going around in my head. Then I was praying it just got worse, so I agreed and said just leave me a lone and I’ll never thing about God again.

See how stuffed up is that. I rang Mental health cause it’s been about 10years since I have had all the religious stuff going on. And it’s scary I’m so scared I was going to sink back into believe the stuff was really there again and not just in my mind.
(I know it cant be real, but after being introduced to a Christian church and getting in with this one family, they really did a job on me, convincing me that there is a spiritual world out there….it’s a long story, I will share at a later time.)

The Phycologist, said it is OCD but that OCD is like in the middle of psychoses (?spelling) and depression. She said people that have religion are at greater risk of OCD and other…

But I’m so scared that it’s turning into more and I’m going to be lost in it forever. I just wish I never read the bible, never went to church, never knew anything about spirits… but that is the whole point if you don’t follow Jesus you are hunted by demon…
Ok so the next time I seen things I woke up and seen ugly things moving around my room.

Now how this is different to 10years ago when I all but lost my mind and had a few years of therapy with a psychiatrist is when I seen these things they were in my mind. Like for example when in my bedroom I had an image in my mind that there were these hideous demon things in my kitchen (true) now I’m actually seeing them with my eyes and rubbing them doesn’t make them go away.

I hope someone has read all this and knows what it is. I feel completely fine. Scarry when it happened and I’m feeling a bit anxious but functioning just fine. Well as fine as I can with OCD.

Brittney

Neph said:
sometimes i see this white figure (not glowing) in the corner of my vision

it has a random height everytime i see it and it always moves around the corner near doorways,

its always watching me but i dont mind, its not hurting me so i dont really care
me too but I'm scared of them and this is differant this time as I posted above.

durda_dan

thats strange stuff, May i suggest reading about different religions,
I am not religious, But i believe there is something out there, If i can suggest something i would read about budhism, Maybe it will help you a bit, Sorry for my scary picture, i will look for a cleaner one,

Kamen

What you've seen is just what I see when I am exactly on the "reality-dream" border, which, I believe, many others have seen.

JCS008

Well, paranoia is a huge part of OCD. SO chances are seeing things could be an aspect of OCD.

Brittney

durda_dan
Thank you lol wonder how long I’ll keep thinking of the other one (I hate OCD lol)
Arh yes I have read about other religions and a few Dalai Lama \, but that other stuff never goes away.
Hopefully CBT will help me. I’m starting that on the 20th

Kamen
What you've seen is just what I see when I am exactly on the "reality-dream" border, which, I believe, many others have seen.

Thanks, you know I didn’t even think of that, strange because it is obvious . I just go straight into pain mode and think about all the crap the church people filled my head with, there is a part of me that still believes it even though I know it’s not true. But once I don’t believe in that, It’s like I have to give up my beliefs in Jesus and then I’m left with no grounding no beliefs……..
I wish I could deprogram my brain, I’d love to erase all that stuff forever.

Can you tell me any more on this? I will do a google search see what I find. Thanks again

JCS008
Well, paranoia is a huge part of OCD. SO chances are seeing things could be an aspect of OCD

Thanks I hadn’t thought of that

isnteasy

it sort of sounds a little bit like Scrupulosity.. (OCD with a religiouse theme) except i'm not sure about the hallucinations.. look up Scrupulosity and read up on it.

Remus

Staff member
do you see these demons/weird things when you wake up or all the time?

I've had sleep paralysis for years and see horrible things on waking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

It seems very real, I thought my bedroom was haunted for years.

It gets worse when I get anxiety/depression/OCD peaks in my life

Brittney

Isnteasy
I looked up Scrupulosity, yeah I don’t think that is me. I dont really spend time on it, or think that I wouldn’t be forgiving and many of the things on there. I really think it’s more the pitcher these church people painted for me I get trapped back into. And it doesn’t’ help when many of your thoughts come true.
Like I felt like I shouldn’t’ go back to the church, then I had the feeling like my car steering wheel was going to brake, if I tried to go back. I was really confused thinking these demons didn’t want me going to church (this was 10years ago) I told them and my family, about 4mths after I left the church my steering wheel broke! Eeek that is just on thing.
Then the Phyc tells me about “magical” thinking and I just think I’m crazier than ever lol

Remus

do you see these demons/weird things when you wake up
or all the time?

Only when I’m asleep or waking up. I feel so silly now posting this thread because I realise now it’s about the half awake half dream thing. But then maybe I am still really scared that part of it’s real, the spirit world I mean.
It’s like wishing you never watched that bad movie.. Only this is real life and I cant under the memory in my head, there is no escaping it. Just trying to convince my brain everything I was told was rubbish, then I freak cause of what I’ve seen then panic again.
I wonder if that is a way to really truly ever deprogram a brain? Hmm….
Thanks for that link I’ll have a look now.

Brittney

Remus said:
do you see these demons/weird things when you wake up or all the time?

I've had sleep paralysis for years and see horrible things on waking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

It seems very real, I thought my bedroom was haunted for years.

It gets worse when I get anxiety/depression/OCD peaks in my life

Wow that is really interesting thanks for the link. The only part of it I dont fit is that I can move. I think the thing with this from what I just read is you cant move. Mayne though you can still experience it but movie…if so that is me.