Randomly Started Blushing

bluemoonrising

I've always been shy and have SA issues, I know that. I've never, however, had any kind of blushing problem until about two months ago. The first time it happened I was on my way to a friend's house. I was in the car with her and her boyfriend, a perfectly normal situation for me, but when I got to her house, after half an hour of apparant blushing, which I hadn't noticed, she decided to tell me in no nice terms- "hey, why are you so red? you've got like a huge rash or something on your chest/neck area. What IS that?!"
Well, that just made me blush more, so I looked in a bathroom mirror, and holy crow, it was all over and so so red. I dont get it, but ever since then I've had this problem, sometimes when I'm nervous or anxious or for no reason at all. I'm even blushing now just writing this. Not liking this new development. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Fear of people

I've always been shy and have SA issues, I know that. I've never, however, had any kind of blushing problem until about two months ago. The first time it happened I was on my way to a friend's house. I was in the car with her and her boyfriend, a perfectly normal situation for me, but when I got to her house, after half an hour of apparant blushing, which I hadn't noticed, she decided to tell me in no nice terms- "hey, why are you so red? you've got like a huge rash or something on your chest/neck area. What IS that?!"
Well, that just made me blush more, so I looked in a bathroom mirror, and holy crow, it was all over and so so red. I dont get it, but ever since then I've had this problem, sometimes when I'm nervous or anxious or for no reason at all. I'm even blushing now just writing this. Not liking this new development. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Your not alone...when ever I feel anxious or talk to people...I break out in a bright red rash (blotches) all over my chest and neck area also. It's even more embarrassing when people ask me...what is that rash on your neck as though I have some kind of skin disease.

Stuckwithme

That's all it takes, one time for someone to point it out and you start to obsess about it. Welcome to the journey. The ONLY cure for this is to stop caring what other's think of your flushing (you seem to experience flushing rather than blushing). Trust me, it is the only way.

And your friend, what a dumb ass.

Fear of people

That's all it takes, one time for someone to point it out and you start to obsess about it. Welcome to the journey. The ONLY cure for this is to stop caring what other's think of your flushing (you seem to experience flushing rather than blushing). Trust me, it is the only way.

And your friend, what a dumb ass.

That is exactly right Stuckwithme...it only takes one person to make a comment...what is that rash on your neck for you to worry about it for ever.

When ever I'm in a shopping centre or just sitting in the car...I constantly check the mirrors to see if I have that embarrasing rash on my neck and chest and if so...it feels as if the whole world is staring at me and die with embarrassment.

!OMG! look at that rash on his or her neck and people staring at you as if your some kind of freak or have a deadly skin disease.:eek:

bluemoonrising

Thanks guys :)
I'm going to try really hard not to let it progress into some kind of obsession. I just cant control it at the moment but I'll get there :cool: