Rage

Chrysta

I have so much rage that I have no way of releasing. I have no one to talk to. No one understands. I don't have anything that I can destroy... to take out my anger on. So it is just sitting inside of me and I can't do anything. Does anyone have any advice.

Plus my sister thinks she knows everything. She thinks she understands. She thinks that she has symptoms. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs and tell her to stop. She won't listen. She won't stop.

Chrysta - I know exactly what you mean! I am getting worried that one day I'm going to explode at someone who doesn't deserve it (over something stupid). I have been thinking about what I could do, and I would like to try taking a martial art class. BUT my fvcking SA is keeping me from going anywhere. :x :x :x :x Punching and screaming into my pillow is just not cutting it anymore. Exercise is supposed to be a great stress reliever as well. Are you going to a therapist? That would be a good issue to bring up.

omg your sister is really not helping! Have you told her that talking about that topic is strickly off limits? I'm lucky in the sense that there is nobody in my life to push my buttons, but there is nobody in my life at all so.... :lol:

Chrysta

I have a shrink. I just got a new one and for once I actually feel like I can enjoy talking to him.

Yes I have told my sister to stop talking about it. She didn't listen. But we talked and got through the problem. My main point of my original post was about my anger. It doesn't happen all the time. Just during a really stressfull week. Sometimes I can't control it and if I don't do anything about it I feel like I am going to explode.

Horatio

Rage is a powerful force, my advice is to try to find a way to use that energy constructively.

With Nuclear Energy you can detonate it over a city of millions and unleash terror and death or you can use it to power a city of the same size for ten years, or send a huge submarine on a mission across the globe (Im not an advocate of Nuclear technology, just using this as an example)

Its not healthy to collect feelings of rage inside you nd its not healthy to unleash them upon your sister or whoever else you feel is to blame

the best solution is to try to find creative ways to outlet that rage, and if you can, find a way which actually works to your favor

Jack-B

Chrysta,

I have so much time working on anger, its nature, its function, understanding the value of patience etc, learning to love those who really push my buttons.

One of the most powerful things to think about in dealing with anger is that it only has one function, thats it:

To harm our self and others.

By nature it is an unpleasant, over exaggeratted mind which focuses on negative qualities of situations or people.

Anger arises in our mind for many reasons. Usually we are faced with situations or people or things we would rather avoid or are unwished for. This causes our mind to generate the unpleasant anger within.

The thing you wish for most in the world is happiness and freedom from your pain. When anger is present in your mind it destroys any chances of being happy and only creates further unhappiness, so it is completely wrong to react with anger, its a contradiction. It is lying to you. Every time you buy into it, your real wish of being happy gets further away.

I am trying not to make this post too long so please let us know when you are feeling angry, its difficult to control when it gets out of control but we are here to listen and will try to help you to deal with what you are experiencing.

Just remember anger harms you more than anything or anyone so dont let your happiness be beaten up by it.

Take care

Jack