R.I.P. Lou Reed

SilentBird

velvet-underground-1968-650-430.jpg

Have the best of album for Velvet Underground, & Nico's album. Somewhat "kooky" music i have to say, but all types of music has it's "thing" or "groove", it's time & place for listening, and gaining benefit from...

Another ol' friend gone :sad:

MikeyC

It's unfortunate that the only thing I'll ever remember him by is the absolutely awful collaboration he did with Metallica. He was good at what he did decades ago, though.

It's unfortunate that the only thing I'll ever remember him by is the absolutely awful collaboration he did with Metallica. He was good at what he did decades ago, though
I really liked it (Lulu - Lou Reed & Metallica | 'Lulu' (loureedmetallica.com)), but i like anything involving Metallica. Lou just gave the Metallica style a bit of a "twist", yet still being Metallica (& still being Lou Reed), which i found quite refreshing. Although it did take listening a few tracks before i acquired the taste! (basically once i began hearing Metallica's awesome guitar-work, i was hooked, no matter who the singer was)

MikeyC

I really liked it (Lulu - Lou Reed & Metallica | 'Lulu' (loureedmetallica.com)), but i like anything involving Metallica. Lou just gave the Metallica style a bit of a "twist", yet still being Metallica (& still being Lou Reed), which i found quite refreshing. Although it did take listening a few tracks before i acquired the taste! (basically once i began hearing Metallica's awesome guitar-work, i was hooked, no matter who the singer was)
I'm glad you liked it, but I couldn't get a single song into it. ::p: