R E A L L Y want to change!

kuhtreen

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to chaaaaaange!!!
UGH. I just wish I knew what to do. I really think that I could do whatever it takes to overcome this, but I don't know how to begin. If only there were a set of guidelines or something...
Some sort of clear way that would guarantee a recovery from this awful disorder. I would do whatever it takes.

Mahoshen

I know how you feel, really. It seems like there's no help at all for me at all. It seems like no one cares, either. I could just rot away in my room and no one would give a damn.

Ericisme

kuhtreen said:
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to chaaaaaange!!!
UGH. I just wish I knew what to do. I really think that I could do whatever it takes to overcome this, but I don't know how to begin. If only there were a set of guidelines or something...
Some sort of clear way that would guarantee a recovery from this awful disorder. I would do whatever it takes.

Well I don't know if im ever gonna get over mine either, but talking to people can help, just anybody. Look for some people online to talk to, probably from this website that have the same problems. It helps.

villacjs

My advice to anyone suffering from social phobia is to explore all the possible avenues for recovery. Every one, not matter how small or silly they may seem, should be explored. So I believe everyone should try meds, CBT, ACT, group therapy, seeing a psychiatrist, psychologist, doctor, exposure therapy etc etc etc. If you honestly try or at least have a go at all the different therapies then you can feel sure you have explored all the possibilities.

Videotape

i'm soooooo over talking to people online, i just want to be comfortable face to face! i also wish there was a step by step guideline book or something to follow, cause getting better is in my hands and when ever i try a new approach to getting better i'm constantly second guessing if its actually working or if i should be trying another approach. i'm also over my obsession with social anxiety...its on my mind 24/7. no matter what i type on this forum...it won't help, which is also frustrating.

NothingElseMatters

IcarusUnderWater said:
villacjs said:
My advice to anyone suffering from social phobia is to explore all the possible avenues for recovery. Every one, not matter how small or silly they may seem, should be explored. So I believe everyone should try meds, CBT, ACT, group therapy, seeing a psychiatrist, psychologist, doctor, exposure therapy etc etc etc. If you honestly try or at least have a go at all the different therapies then you can feel sure you have explored all the possibilities.

Do what villacjs says. you have to speak to a professional! Ask your parents or someone you trust to help you sort something out.

i think about it sometimes but i don't think i have the courage to go to see a doctor.i already feel so bad talking about my problem in here...i can't imagine how bad it will be in real life

FreedomFighter

Hi kuhtreen , i would advise you to get "the anxiety and phobia workbook" , you can get it on amazon , i just purchased it and it is really good , it has a step by step guide on getting over this misery , good luck , Robbie :D

kuhtreen

Videotape said:
i also wish there was a step by step guideline book or something to follow, cause getting better is in my hands and when ever i try a new approach to getting better i'm constantly second guessing if its actually working or if i should be trying another approach.

Yeah, exactly. I just don't want to waste my time trying things that won't work. I'd rather give my all to something that I know WILL work!
I guess I'm just afraid to put myself out there and challenge myself if I'm not gonna get anything good out of it.