Question, personal observations, secrets.

Is anyone else terrified of getting better? Its so hard for me to seek therapy because the thought of living, of BEING different then I am is so scary. I may be terribly messed up, but at least I know this messed up person. I am familiar with this tragedy. What would be left if I was okay? I honestly can't even imagine.

I can see all the potential in my life and I long for the fulfillment of my dreams but the thought of the in-between, that big long period before success, its terrifying. Even when I think of success there's always the same me, just hiding behind it.

I feel guilty about not trying harder to get better, but I can't help it. And I do make myself do little things occasionally. The other day I took the mail to the post box by myself. I really don't know what to do. Whenever I see a therapist they want to put me on medication and I hate meds, they just make things worse. Or even worse, I had one that worked great for a week....that was awful.

Though to be perfectly honest its the side effects that scare me. Mostly the possibility of weight gain and acne. I often think that God cursed me with the way I look, its caused me nothing but trouble and pain, but I protect it because I often feel its the only thing I have. That self esteem test that's on this forum, I got a 17. Logically I know I tend to be thought of as attractive but I feel ugly. I see behind the curtains. Its horrible but I often think that if I were this messed up and ugly my husband wouldn't stick around.

I didn't mean for this to be a whole, big rant or anything. But its not like I have anyone else to talk to. The man doesn't understand, though he's doing better then last time I completely lost it. Anyway, that's all from me for now, if I can even actually post this...

BlaiseBLATES

I Know Exactly How You Feel.
Getting Better Is Something Most Of Us Here Want To Achieve.
But, Are We Ready For The Process Of OverComing Our Soicial Anxiety?
If You Are Ready, Then GREAT! :).
And Don't Worry, You Are Who You Are.
With Or Without Your Social Anxiety.
I Would Consider Getting A GP To Come Out To See You.
They Can Organise Therapists And Help With Your Process.
Remember, If A Therapist Offers You Medication..
You Can Always Just Say No :).
There's A Thing I Used Called Rescue Remedy.
It's Usually Behind Counters As It's High Demand.
It's Available At Boots And Holland And Barrats (Online Shopping?)
It Comes In Drops, Spray And Pastil Form.
I Would Recomend The Drops Personally.
They're Not Medication, But A Herbal Remedy Used To Calm You Down :).
Even Better, There's No Side Effects But The Calming! :D.
I Know You Don't Really Want To Be On Medication,
But Im Currently Taking Amitriptyline(i think thats how its spelt),
It Contains No (Known Of) Side Effects That Are Skin Based,
I Have Severe Egzma And It's Really Calmed My Skin Down :)
The Medication Itself Is For Anxiety And Depression, But Treats Many Things.
I've Found It's Made A Significant Change In How Much I Go Out :).
I Never Used To Step Out The Door, But Now I Can Go For 10 Minute Walks :D
I Do Hope This Information Has Helped You.
Goodlook!
I'm Always Here If You Need Someone To Rant At Or Have A Chat With :)