Pyschiatric Appointment

lunarla

Soooo I went to a psychiatric appointment today as recommended by my doctor and counselor. It was only about 15 minutes where he got me to tell him about some things (he already knew most of it because he had my file). He was very nice and all, but then about half way through this lady walked in and just sort of sat in the room with us. I don't know why she was there, and it made things a lot more awkward. He finally decided that he'd give me a prescription for some medication called Seroquel XR. Originally, I didn't really want any meds, just wanted to go for diagnostic reasons. But if he thinks it will help, maybe I should give it a try? The consensus at this point is that I'm Bipolar, I think. My counselor thought so, and upon looking up the medication I was prescribed - it's basically a med for Bipolar Disorder. Also, an interesting thing (well, I thought so anyway) is that he said if it works it should make me more confident? I sort of doubt it, but I guess it's worth trying, lol.

Anyway! Since I'm already hesitant as it is about taking any kinds of meds, I wanted to ask if anyone else has taken Seroquel XR and what their experience has been with it.

Last edited:

Lionheart

Banned
Soooo I went to a psychiatric appointment today as recommended by my doctor and counselor. It was only about 15 minutes where he got me to tell him about some things (he already knew most of it because he had my file). He was very nice and all, but then about half way through this lady walked in and just sort of sat in the room with us. I don't know why she was there, and it made things a lot more awkward. He finally decided that he'd give me a prescription for some medication called Seroquel XR. Originally, I didn't really want any meds, just wanted to go for diagnostic reasons. But if he thinks it will help, maybe I should give it a try? The consensus at this point is that I'm Bipolar, I think. My counselor thought so, and upon looking up the medication I was prescribed - it's basically a med for Bipolar Disorder. Also, an interesting thing (well, I thought so anyway) is that he said if it works it should make me more confident? I sort of doubt it, but I guess it's worth trying, lol.

Anyway! Since I'm already hesitant as it is about taking any kinds of meds, I wanted to ask if anyone else has taken Seroquel XR and what their experience has been with it.

You should give it a try but only medication dont make you anxienty free:/