predators

bkmech

New to forum, but I have a situation Im hoping someone could Give an idea on how to combat. I have a neighbor that I believe is a predator. Recieved retaliation from them after having problems with their grandchildren.Just latley, granchild parades dog in front of my home back and forth. Waiting till dog takes a crap on my manacured lawn. Went out for errand drove up street to see dog grand child and grandparents in front of my home. Grandchild and dog went back to parading in front of my home. Looked for neighbors(grandparents) but they quickly ran into their home. From there neighbors yelled so loud from inside of home I could hear them telling dog to crap in my lawn. Besides being jerks I beleive they are trying to get a responce from me. As of yet I have not given one. There has been years of similar situations with them. How do I stop this treatment?

Felgen

If your neighbors' dog craps on your lawn, put the crap in their mailbox. When a yuppie dog belonging to some old woman crapped on our lawn, my brother (who saw it) threatened the owner that he'd do so. The woman eventually picked the sh!t up. :)

mads

If they are trying to make you angry, you should just not notice them at all. In the end they will stop.

Mr.Moon

Have you tried calling the police? Usually around here people do that just to put a little fear into someone thats being an idiot and it usually works. But I live in the quiet countryside where people back down easy when shown business.

Jake123

Banned
34ovyqa.jpg

Predator you say?

Rembrandt Broam

New to forum, but I have a situation Im hoping someone could Give an idea on how to combat. I have a neighbor that I believe is a predator. Recieved retaliation from them after having problems with their grandchildren.Just latley, granchild parades dog in front of my home back and forth. Waiting till dog takes a crap on my manacured lawn. Went out for errand drove up street to see dog grand child and grandparents in front of my home. Grandchild and dog went back to parading in front of my home. Looked for neighbors(grandparents) but they quickly ran into their home. From there neighbors yelled so loud from inside of home I could hear them telling dog to crap in my lawn. Besides being jerks I beleive they are trying to get a responce from me. As of yet I have not given one. There has been years of similar situations with them. How do I stop this treatment?

This is a tricky situation.

One option is just to ignore them, and hope they tire of the anti-social behaviour when they don't get the response they're hoping for.

Another is to respond directly to them, as others have suggested. The problem here is that things could very easily escalate if they don't immediately back off. Those situations can very quickly get out of hand, as neither side wants to back down.

The only other option I can see is to respond indirectly, perhaps through the local authorities.

It really depends on what you're willing to put up with and what risk of this situation escalating you can live with.